Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2006 5:11:21 PM EDT
I shot my new 6.8 today using Silver state armory 6.8 matchking 115 grain. It was shortcycling badly. Has anyone else used any of this ammo with or without problems? Thanks, Tom
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:49:58 AM EDT
[#1]
No one has used this???
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:28:14 AM EDT
[#2]
i have only cycled 10rnds through my dpms upper. i work at a 50ft range and did not want to waste all of them for such short target shooting. they cycled fine though. soon i will try them out past 100yrds.

do you have a rifle length gas system?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:58:13 AM EDT
[#3]
They work perfectly in all five of our current 6.8 mm weapons...
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:13:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Thankyou for the replies. Mid length gas system. Turns out one of the gas rings got twisted up somehow. Tom
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:59:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
No one has used this???

Sorry I've only used their TMJ round and it rocks!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:01:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Turns out one of the gas rings got twisted up somehow. Tom

A twisted gas ring will not be the cause of your problem.  The rings rotate during cycling.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:29:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I have had no problems with it out of my bravo co. upper. Its faster than rem 6.8. I had it written down somewhere.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:53:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Our Match Kings are running at 53,500 PSI, with no reported problems on 100K rounds sold to date. Please let me know if your weapon is functioning with the gas ring correted.

Art - SSA
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:52:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Actually I replaced the gas ring and had exactly the same thing happen again. Short stroking and another mangled gas ring. Pulled a bolt carrier out of another rifle, put in the 6.8 bolt with another new gas ring. 2 magazines through it and it functioned flawlessly. So the ammunition worked great. Just had a bad carrier. Takes a little to track this stuff down sometimes. The carrier was a brand new young national match hard chrome. Have a CMT carrier on the way. I have had great success with these. Tom
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top