Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2006 5:06:25 PM EDT
With the Dixie gun show coming up in Raleigh in May, I wrote to Georgia Arms to ask if it would be cheaper to buy some ammo from them there, and avoid shipping, or buy it now, and avoid taxes. The reply was, pay for it now, pick it up there, and avoid both shipping and taxes.

Works for me. Thanks, Georgia Arms. $180/1,000 -- yes, it went up to $180 -- the way prices are going up for ammo in general, this looks all right to me, especially since my AR shoots this stuff better than anything else I've ever put through it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:11:28 PM EDT
[#1]
They just raised it to 170 a month or two ago!
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:05:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I figured that price increase was comming.  I bought a bunch last Sunday just before the price increase .  I don't know if it is worth $180.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:11:42 AM EDT
[#3]
which ammo is this?  (obvioulsy 223, but which one?)
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:15:07 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
which ammo is this?  (obvioulsy 223, but which one?)

The 55gr FMJ remanufactured
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:20:58 AM EDT
[#5]
I noticed the price hike tuesday. Kind of a bummer but it's been very good ammo for me.

Service is great and I found that if you have a problem just CALL THEM. The owner talked to me about the bad round and made it right without any problems at all. I'll buy from them again I'm sure.

2000rds and counting.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:28:35 AM EDT
[#6]
180 is not a nice price.  I saw 150 last time at a gun hsow I think a couple months ago.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:32:15 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
180 is not a nice price.  I saw 150 last time at a gun hsow I think a couple months ago.

Yeah there is enough Wolf and misc. M855/SS109 mil-surp on the market now for blasting ammo though at the same time I liked the GA stuff a lot better than the WWB value packs.  If they would just put sealed primers and sealed bullets in I would gladly pay a little more.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:59:00 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah there is enough Wolf and misc. M855/SS109 mil-surp on the market now for blasting ammo though at the same time I liked the GA stuff a lot better than the WWB value packs.  If they would just put sealed primers and sealed bullets in I would gladly pay a little more.

just to clarify, I saw THIS STUFF at 150 at the last gun show!  I like GA ammo alot, but I like it cause it works and its cheap.  Once you take out hte cheap.....
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:01:51 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

just to clarify, I saw THIS STUFF at 150 at the last gun show!  I like GA ammo alot, but I like it cause it works and its cheap.  Once you take out hte cheap.....

I paid $170 on Sunday and $90 back in January.  They must be steadidly increasing the price to make up for the increase in demand.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:31:57 AM EDT
[#10]
I doubt it is just increased demand.  It is a sign of the increasing cost of components, shipping charges to get their components, and inflation.

Just look at XM193.  It used to be $175/k.  Now - if you can find it, you gotta pay $225/k.  28% increase.

Q3131A general sold for $175/k.  Same story.

Why wouldnt you expect a 20-30% increase from other remanufactured suppliers.  The discount percentage over new has remained fairly consistent.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:34:25 PM EDT
[#11]
My AR likes the GA ammo a lot, shoots very tight groups, so I like to buy it.

* I wonder about the "milsurp is cheaper" comments. You mean, like this week, and not two months ago?

* Winnie valu-packs: Last time I checked, it was up from $7.73/40 to $9.98/40. I've probably bought my last box. At .19/rd., it was OK -- it was there, you could buy a little if that's all the cash you had, and it shoots well (lower velocity, but otherwise, good stuff.) At .25/round, not much of a bargain.

* You can find Wolf cheaper, but it shoots 3 inch groups in my AR where the GA shoots 1 inch groups. If I were buying blasting ammo, just for turning money into noise, I would go with Wolf. But I am not. I like tight groups. GA gives them to me, in my rifle. I may eat my words, and go back to Wolf if prices keep climbing -- but if they do, the Wolf will go up, too.

I checked prices on the updated price thread which is tacked at the top of this forum, and they are all going up. It's the new reality.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:44:22 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
My AR likes the GA ammo a lot, shoots very tight groups, so I like to buy it.

* I wonder about the "milsurp is cheaper" comments. You mean, like this week, and not two months ago?

* Winnie valu-packs: Last time I checked, it was up from $7.73/40 to $9.98/40. I've probably bought my last box. At .19/rd., it was OK -- it was there, you could buy a little if that's all the cash you had, and it shoots well (lower velocity, but otherwise, good stuff.) At .25/round, not much of a bargain.

* You can find Wolf cheaper, but it shoots 3 inch groups in my AR where the GA shoots 1 inch groups. If I were buying blasting ammo, just for turning money into noise, I would go with Wolf. But I am not. I like tight groups. GA gives them to me, in my rifle. I may eat my words, and go back to Wolf if prices keep climbing -- but if they do, the Wolf will go up, too.

I checked prices on the updated price thread which is tacked at the top of this forum, and they are all going up. It's the new reality.

I must say the GA gives me great groups as well.  Part of the reason I don't shoot it.  I just keep buying it.  The CH is probably one of the most accurate rounds that I run through my AR.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:27:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Friend of mine ordered 4K from him at 13 1/2 cents around. They tried to charge him more when he went to pick it up at the show. He finally got them to give it to them at the agreed price since that was the deal. He told us prices were going up becuase of prices of materials. I didn't buy but a small bag or SP and FMJ to test before I ordered a large quantity. My guns didn't particularly like either one.
BTW I like tight groups also.
JR
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:08:19 AM EDT
[#14]
I have nothing but good words for GA Arms ammo. I ordered 2K of the 5.56 Anned heat 1K of the 357 sig canned heat and 500 of the 40 S&W canned heat. Never had a single problem with anyof it.

I placed my order on Tuesday and the ammo was at my house on Thursday.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top