Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/19/2006 6:08:45 AM EDT
Bought some brass cased United Arab Entity 223 ammo at a gun show. Good price, bad ammo! Must have been made by Isama Binladen. Talk about loose primers! almost every primer fell out. Shot 40 rounds before primers jamed up my AR. From now on out, nothing but Black Hills, Ultra Max and Lake City. Any other bad ammo out there?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:12:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Ammo is FOR the Arabs, not from them....
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:23:58 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Bought some brass cased United Arab Entity 223 ammo at a gun show. Good price, bad ammo! Must have been made by Isama Binladen. Talk about loose primers! almost every primer fell out. Shot 40 rounds before primers jamed up my AR. From now on out, nothing but Black Hills, Ultra Max and Lake City. Any other bad ammo out there?

What kind of upper were you shooting it out of? This is NOT .223 ammo it is 5.56 spec. I've shot quite a bit and had 2 primers fall out. Had the same thing happen with xm193 for what its worth. Is your date code 99?
If you think Ultra Max is good ammo you got another thing coming.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:46:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Was shooting a Model 1 M4 with ER Shaw barrel chambered in 5.56. As for the UltraMax, not as accurate as Black Hills but shoots well in my Colt and Olympic also.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:47:09 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What kind of upper were you shooting it out of? This is NOT .223 ammo it is 5.56 spec. I've shot quite a bit and had 2 primers fall out. Had the same thing happen with xm193 for what its worth. Is your date code 99?
If you think Ultra Max is good ammo you got another thing coming.

I've had problems with Ultramax and Magtech.  I haven't heard anything good about the Adcom stuff, but no personal experience.

S&B isn't bad for the money.  Shot a couple boxes through my .40, no problems.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:10:13 AM EDT
[#5]
A wise man on this site once warned me never to buy ammo from countries where they piss in the water. Maybe add, "or where they have to desalinate their water." I've read other negs about them.

Search J_Smith for his episode with Maine Cartridge Company ammo.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:50:40 AM EDT
[#6]
I've read about KB's with Ultramax... Careful
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:09:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Why wouldnt you read the ammo reviews on this site first?  ADCOM has been reviewed thoroughly, and the blown primer issue has come up many many times.

I would stay far away from Ultramax too.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:10:25 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Emirates
The country is called the United Arab Emirates.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:12:58 AM EDT
[#9]
No primer problems period. UAE Dates 00, 02, 04. Mainly issues in the 1999. I have shot over 250rds with zero squibs, or blown primers out of my RRA m4entry Stag Lower.  1250rds stashed awayhat
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:39:27 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
. Any other bad ammo out there?

Maine CC and avoid A-Merc ammo as well..
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top