Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/15/2006 9:44:04 PM EDT
Has anyone tried any of the Winchester 62 grain ammo that SG has?  The downside is they say it has defects.  The price seems a little high but there is not a lot of first quality ammo around right now.  Is this like the PD855 Federal was selling?  I started to order some but got concerned when I saw the defects listed,any input?

I did check the posted link on ammo info at the top of the page but could not find any info on this ammo.  $290 per K,would not be bad if this is good stuff,however I hate to buy seconds and thirds at that price.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:02:51 PM EDT
[#1]
The defects are "slight blemishes that won't hurt a thing" according to  sg's description. I think winchester sells this as blemished to stay with-in the laws regarding civilian military ammo sales. I plan on picking up a case when I can afford it if the price stays put.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:09:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Great stuff! I just finished off about 250 rounds of it with no issues and I didnt even find one questionable round as I was loading the mags.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:58:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Has anyone tried any of the Winchester 62 grain ammo that SG has?  The downside is they say it has defects.  The price seems a little high but there is not a lot of first quality ammo around right now.  Is this like the PD855 Federal was selling?  I started to order some but got concerned when I saw the defects listed,any input?

I did check the posted link on ammo info at the top of the page but could not find any info on this ammo.  $290 per K,would not be bad if this is good stuff,however I hate to buy seconds and thirds at that price.

I think ammoman.com is selling the M855, on strippers and in bandoliers for pretty close to the same price...figure it up per 1k rds.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top