Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/11/2006 2:41:33 PM EDT
Ok I scored big the other yesturday I got 5 boxes of M262 but the fun shop also had about 7-8 boxes of Blackhill "white box" 223 68 or 69 grain I cant remember as I was to busy looking or should I say digging through the other boxes that looking for all the boxes that said 77 grain 5.56.  It had remanufactered ammuntion on it vs seconds like the other stuff I picked up.  What is this?  It was 19.95 per 50 vs 29.00 per 50 for the M262. Also there were a coupla boxes of red box TAP that was 60 grain?  Like I said above to busy digging for all the 5.56 so it may have been some other grain but it did say 223 is that good?  He also had what he said 5.56 AP?  Is that possible?  it was loose and .20 a round.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 2:59:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Anything from BH is good great.  That M262 was probably made by them.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:44:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I know I bought all the M262 I was just wondering what the other stuff is?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:13:59 PM EDT
[#3]
They are 2nd's. Small dings and such. Out of spec for some reason. Nothing dangerous or even noticeable. Good stuff.

I buy and shoot quite a bit of it since I live in the Black Hills and the local gunshops carry them along with the blue & red box types. The availability varies depending on what BH ammo is making up for the military at the time.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:51:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I haven't been able to find BH White Box outside of South Dakota. My home town offered it for sale at gas stations and such, which was really convienient. Typically, it was 52grn HP, 55grn FMJ's or 68grn HP's. White Box ammo is seconds/thirds and some are pretty rough. While they look like shit, out of the thousands I have purchased, I haven't encountered one which was unsafe to shoot. For me, BH white box has been cheap, problem-free practice ammunition. Sadly, there really isn't a decent BH dealer where I live now, so its tough for me to even get Red/Blue box, let alone White box. The BH White Box Mk262 I have seen is infinantly nicer than the 52grn HP's I am used to seeing. These were pretty rough, some had dented cases or were seriously discolored.  While they couldn't be sold as new, functionally they were just fine. Depending on the manufacture*BH is one of the best for quality* there are lots of reasons a cartridge could be called a "2nd" and not sold as new. While the Mk262 white box I have seen is in much better condition than other loads I have purchased, I probably wouldn't buy it over new TAP, but thats just me. White Box is safe to shoot and functional, but it is still "seconds" and I wouldn't want it for defensive ammo, no matter how much luck I have had with it. I used my 2 boxes of white box Mk262 for testing to see if my 1/9's will shoot it accurately and to properly zero in my weapons with this round.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:15:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks I'll call them Monday and see how much is still there
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:32:31 AM EDT
[#6]
well they still have the white box 68 grain but whats with the white box?  And can the AP he says he still has really be AP?  Is 223 TAP worth getting its 60 gtain if I remember right gosh I wish I had paid more attention.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 1:56:03 PM EDT
[#7]
From what I've read, AP is only a fairy tale to civvies. In the mil only few have seen it. It would be illegal for a civvie to own it, so watch out! If it is black tip it is probably bosnian ss109.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:22:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Actually it looks just like 55 grain fmj only when their next to each other can you tell the difference.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:28:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I think I'd walk away from that! Any expert opinion on possible M995 or what ever it is?????
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top