Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/10/2006 11:44:58 AM EDT
I just purchased some Hornandy TAP 60 grain at a local gun shop that only had this one box left. ITs a red box and the side says TAP urban, I just went to the hornady homepage and it show the ammo with black cases. There are not BTW its 223 not 5.56.
JRandyH
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:47:31 PM EDT
[#1]
It could be the old civilian 60 grain TAP or new production LE ammo that has not had the taxes paid on it.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:10:53 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I just purchased some Hornandy TAP 60 grain at a local gun shop that only had this one box left. ITs a red box and the side says TAP urban, I just went to the hornady homepage and it show the ammo with black cases. There are not BTW its 223 not 5.56.
JRandyH

TAP red box has regular brass cases and TAPFPD black box has the black nickel cases.  TAPFPD is for civilians and red box is for LE although it can be purchased by civi's
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top