Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/9/2006 7:58:31 AM EDT
I'm 20 and I'm hankering for ammo. I'm going home in a few days for spring break to three new rifles. A CMP Garand, No4 mk1, and Yugo SKS. They bring my family up to seven now with (counting...) 7 different calibers to stock.

It's hard finding some calibers locally. I've bought from Eric at ammoman.com FTF and I've used ammunitionstore.com in the past. The latter is the only online store I know of that sells rifle ammo to us 18-20 year old folk. Just about everywhere else I see "Must be 21 or older to buy ammunition." Federal law states 18 for rifle and shotgun ammo, 21 for pistol ammo. I figure most vendors use the 21 requirement as a CYA against liability.

I'm empathetic to their reasons, but it still pisses me off mightily to turn down great deals on ammo because of the age restriction.

My question: is there anyone else in the same boat that knows of online vendors who will sell military surplus or new commercial ammo to a 20 year old?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:04:57 PM EDT
[#1]
TAG
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top