Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/8/2006 8:18:42 AM EDT
Anyone tried to "first time buyer" purchase from ammunitionstore.com lately?  I tried to fill out the disclaimer form on the website, but I get a "bad referrer" error when submitting the form.  I called them and the man I spoke with (who was obviously very busy) told me that I must submit that form before I can place an order.  He didn't seem interested that the form is broken and cannot be submitted, so apparently they're not taking new buyer orders.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:06:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I was going to post about them yesterday. I have called and emailed them several times regarding making a purchase. No emails have been returned and I was told "call back tomorrow and speak to Tom". Well, I called the next day and was put on hold for at least 10 minutes when I hung up.

I guess business is SO good they don't need anymore

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 12:47:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I tried all day to order some ammo, I filled out the disclaimer form.

I called to order and they said it takes 3 hours for them to get the form.

I was told I could fax my driver's license so I did twice, because they said it was too dark.

Then I called back and they told me they where busy and they do not accept faxed copies, I would have to wait for the confirmation to go through.

They can go get fucked!

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:01:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like the service is starting to suffer.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:04:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I called them to inquire about an item and they seemed friendly enough.  I was greatly disappointed that they didn't have any Winchester Q3131 in stock, they said check back in 2 weeks.  Although I still might order a case of ADCOM 9mm.

They're normally at the Valley Forge Gunshow (which is this weekend) they're stock may be different and prices may vary as well, but it's worth a try.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:59:16 PM EDT
[#5]
their service blows.  i ordered a parts kit from them rated at 90%+ and it was maybe 40%.  returned it and they shafted me on the shipping.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:12:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Anyone tried to "first time buyer" purchase from ammunitionstore.com lately?  I tried to fill out the disclaimer form on the website, but I get a "bad referrer" error when submitting the form.  I called them and the man I spoke with (who was obviously very busy) told me that I must submit that form before I can place an order.  He didn't seem interested that the form is broken and cannot be submitted, so apparently they're not taking new buyer orders.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Ive tried twice to get a shipping quote from them. The first time I got a rude response saying "This item is currently out of stock and does not have a price posted." I respnded that "according to your site it is in stock and does have a price posted", I then got a response back with an apology. The next time I asked, I simply got "Sorry, not in stock", I again sent back the same response, got nothing back.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:13:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
their service blows.  i ordered a parts kit from them rated at 90%+ and it was maybe 40%.  returned it and they shafted me on the shipping.  

Holy Moley.... what kit was it? I wanted to order some kits from them but I guess I am lucky that I didn't get put through to any one...

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:57:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I emailed them a link I hope they take the time to read this.

It doesn't matter I got what I needed from 2 other places Widener's and Gulf Coast.

I thought about one of the Polish kits that ammostore had but now I will never buy from these idiots.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:11:07 PM EDT
[#9]
They owe me $175 dollars and Im currently  having trouble getting a refund.   I recently ordered Q3131 and received a parcial shipment with notice that the remaining order is on backorder with no deffinate date for shipment.   Yesterday I asked for a refund for items on backorder and was told the computer was down and they would process the refund once the computers are back up again.  Come home from work today and find  they have not processed my refund. I paid in full for the order, including shipping for the full order, when I spoke with the girl about a refund she originally stated I would not receive a refund for the difference in shipping for a partial order. After a bit of convincing that that was B.S., she said she would refund the shipping difference.   The first time I called them to find out about my backorder the girl didn't know and the people who do know were at lunch, she told me she would call me back when they return.  She confirmed my phone number, but she never called.  That's when I decided to get a refund.  

Im a first time customer as well and will never purchase from them again.   In 9 years of internet purchases, this is only my second time having trouble, of any sort, with an online seller.  The first time was from a shady Ebay seller.   Not good!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:16:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Welcome to ARFCOM!

Quoted:
They owe me $175 dollars and Im currently  having trouble getting a refund.   I recently ordered Q3131 and received a parcial shipment with notice that the remaining order is on backorder with no deffinate date for shipment.   Yesterday I asked for a refund for items on backorder and was told the computer was down and they would process the refund once the computers are back up again.  Come home from work today and find  they have not processed my refund. I paid in full for the order, including shipping for the full order, when I spoke with the girl about a refund she originally stated I would not receive a refund for the difference in shipping for a partial order. After a bit of convincing that that was B.S., she said she would refund the shipping difference.   The first time I called them to find out about my backorder the girl didn't know and the people who do know were at lunch, she told me she would call me back when they return.  She confirmed my phone number, but she never called.  That's when I decided to get a refund.  

Im a first time customer as well and will never purchase from them again.   In 9 years of internet purchases, this is only my second time having trouble, of any sort, with an online seller.  The first time was from a shady Ebay seller.   Not good!

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:21:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I had the same experience with 2 polish uf kits---even paid $20 handpick--grade1.

I was so pissed, i'll never fall for $20 handpick bullshit again--what else do you pick them with, your feet?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:25:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I had the same experience with 2 polish uf kits---even paid $20 handpick--grade1.

I was so pissed, i'll never fall for $20 handpick bullshit again--what else do you pick them with, your feet?

Hand picked alright.  

I'm gonna send this over to Shotgun News and see what they say about their business practices.

They act like they care about the retailers in their mag, we will see.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:55:25 PM EDT
[#13]
After one face to face purchase at a gun show I knew they wouldn't get any more of my money. Save the attitude for people without cash in hand.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:44:10 AM EDT
[#14]
I emailed them after the girl failed to return my call as she said she would, and received zero response to my email.   I dont have access to a computer at work so I will have to use my lunch break to call about my refund.  Very frustrating!

Quoted:
I emailed them a link I hope they take the time to read this.

It doesn't matter I got what I needed from 2 other places Widener's and Gulf Coast.

I thought about one of the Polish kits that ammostore had but now I will never buy from these idiots.  

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:28:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Holy crap!

I'm glad I got tired of trying to figure out how to order from their site.   I'll be steering clear of that place.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:25:42 AM EDT
[#16]
I will never order form them again, service sucked and they had a bad attitude.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:02:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Glad I read this. I was about to try to place an order from them. My money will go elsewhere.

Orso.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:39:24 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Glad I read this. I was about to try to place an order from them. My money will go elsewhere.

Orso.

Yep same here, guess they don't need any new business.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:46:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Guess I'll go out on a limb here.  I've purchased from them at the local gun show and received EXCELLENT prices & friendly service.  Many times I've been able to purchase ammo at the show for less than advertised price on the website, with the bonus of no shipping charges.

I've also ordered from them many times and never had a problem.  

YMMV.

(My purchases were ammo only - never purchased anything else from them)

The form for the ammunition statement online has been broken for a long time - I remember I had the same thing and emailed them a copy of my DL for proof.  No issues after that.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:55:30 PM EDT
[#20]
I have checked twice on shipping costs for ammo and the cost was so high I decided not to buy (for example, almost $40 for 20 boxes of 20 rounds. That seems excessive to me. No?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:04:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:50:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Glad I read this. Ammuntionstore.com probably just lost another potential customer.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:26:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Got my refund today. Whew!  It seems like the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing there.  If you have a problem make sure you deal with the same person each time.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:44:11 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Sounds like the service is starting to suffer.

starting? it always has for me.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:35:27 AM EDT
[#25]
They never called or emailed me back.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:14:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Same kind of experiences for me. I have recieved nothing but attitude from them and bad service. They wont be getting my money
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:27:28 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

In my experience, when someone is providing such poor customer service, sending a registered letter ALWAYS gets results.

Make it courteous! A nasty letter doesn't usually stand up in court. Be firm about getting your refund, and remind them that word-of-mouth is the most common form of refererrals. But don't cuss them out, etc. The guy reading this registered letter usually is an upper-echelon person who has the authority to actually do something about your problem... don't piss him/her off!

If you have documents, send copies of them. Tell them calmly about the history of your dealing with them so they don't get the feeling that you are complaining about the first glitch that comes along with your order.

The registered letter gets results for 2 reasons: First, it gets the attention of someone who is in authority, instead of some sofa spud (trans: couch potato) just off of welfare, who barely knows his/her job. Second, a registered letter puts them on notice that you are going up the ladder, at the top of which is LITIGATION. No one wants to go there.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 2:16:17 PM EDT
[#28]
just call and ask for Bob, hes the owner, he will get you your refund
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:04:24 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
just call and ask for Bob, hes the owner, he will get you your refund

Second.....Bob is a good guy.  Sorry to hear about the poor service
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:50:09 PM EDT
[#30]
I have bought from them several times at Knob Creek, always dealt with younger guys, and seemed great.  Then at NGD show in Louisville, I asked about 7.62x39.  they all pointed to me to one guy, who they all seems to be working for.  I asked him about 7.62x39 ammo.  He told me it was hung in customs, and the price would be lots higher.  I mentioned seeing it at one booth for $160 per thousand, and he said that was a good price, that it would be even higher than that, after the stuff cleared customs.  He was very arrogant, by this time there werre a few people stopping to listen.   I had sttod therer about 10 minutes, waiting on the three people working the booth, to stop talking long enough to notice or hear me.  I had wanted to inquire about the ammo, and buy a case of 223.  I ended up buying 200 rounds of 223, just to have some, and decided that the attitude was ewnought I would buy elsewhere for more next time.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:44:34 AM EDT
[#31]
I just tried ordering some cheap Wolf 55FMJ from them ( bought a case back in December) the guy on the phone was a complete dick as if I was bothering him.....anyway he asked if I had ordered ammo fromt them before I said yes, he said "Well you aren't in the system."  I said "Well I bought a case from y'all back in December".  He said you have to fill out the ammo form I said, I know I already did that a few months ago when I bought some, he said well you are going to have to do it again and call back this time tomorrow.

Spent 5 more dollars and ordered from Sportsmans Guide instead.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:21:29 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I just tried ordering some cheap Wolf 55FMJ from them ( bought a case back in December) the guy on the phone was a complete dick as if I was bothering him.....anyway he asked if I had ordered ammo fromt them before I said yes, he said "Well you aren't in the system."  I said "Well I bought a case from y'all back in December".  He said you have to fill out the ammo form I said, I know I already did that a few months ago when I bought some, he said well you are going to have to do it again and call back this time tomorrow.

You must have spoken with the same guy I did.  His whole tone was one of "why are you bothering me you insignificant piece of crap?".  Never again.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:37:38 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You must have spoken with the same guy I did.  His whole tone was one of "why are you bothering me you insignificant piece of crap?".  Never again.

Sound like the same guy I dealt with at the Gun show... Never again too
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:52:57 AM EDT
[#34]
I received my ammo from Gulf Coast today. These guys were nice and shipped fast.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 3:58:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Yeah, my 1K rounds of Federal AE .223 showed up today from Wideners (ordered it Friday afternoon and it was shipped on Monday).   The process was so smooth with them that I ordered 500 rounds of .45 right after this order showed up.  These guys will continue to get my business.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:04:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Widener's is a good place they have some good IMI stuff once in a while.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:30:44 AM EDT
[#37]
never replied to any of the 3 emails i've sent them
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:53:33 AM EDT
[#38]
OK... I just got a response from the Ammunition store to an email that I sent on March 06.

Here it:

To Whom It May Concern:

We have currently been unable to reply to your recent e-mail request.  We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.  Unfortunately, we have been experiencing technical difficulties with our e-mail transactions. However, our contact address will be up and running beginning March 20, 2006.  Therefore, we ask that if you have any questions or concerns regarding previous e-mails you call our toll free line at 1-800-432-0255 and speak with one of our sales representatives.  

Preceding this process you may e-mail us any new questions as of March 20, 2006.  At this time we will no longer be processing online orders.  In addition, all e-mail questions will be answered in the order they were received and these replies will be limited to one employee.  Therefore, if you have urgent matters to be resolved please call our office rather than e-mail; this will be the most time effective method.

Again, we stress that you do not e-mail us regarding previous orders, questions, or concerns.  We are starting fresh next week, and to ensure efficient and thorough assistance we would like to minimize the overload of past inquiries.

Thank you in advance for your support, understanding, and cooperation on this matter.

Sincere Regards,
Sales Representative

Ammunitionstore.com

(800)432-0255

(330)498-0864

fax: (330)498-0932

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:14:42 AM EDT
[#39]
Call Ammo To Go at  (979) 277-9676 in Tx M-TH 10-6 and see if they can get it for a good price.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:06:49 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
OK... I just got a response from the Ammunition store to an email that I sent on March 06.

Here it:

To Whom It May Concern:

We have currently been unable to reply to your recent e-mail request.  We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.  Unfortunately, we have been experiencing technical difficulties with our e-mail transactions. However, our contact address will be up and running beginning March 20, 2006.  Therefore, we ask that if you have any questions or concerns regarding previous e-mails you call our toll free line at 1-800-432-0255 and speak with one of our sales representatives.  

Preceding this process you may e-mail us any new questions as of March 20, 2006.  At this time we will no longer be processing online orders.  In addition, all e-mail questions will be answered in the order they were received and these replies will be limited to one employee.  Therefore, if you have urgent matters to be resolved please call our office rather than e-mail; this will be the most time effective method.

Again, we stress that you do not e-mail us regarding previous orders, questions, or concerns.  We are starting fresh next week, and to ensure efficient and thorough assistance we would like to minimize the overload of past inquiries.

Thank you in advance for your support, understanding, and cooperation on this matter.

Sincere Regards,
Sales Representative

Ammunitionstore.com

(800)432-0255

(330)498-0864

thanks,
Ron

I got the same thing yesterday.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:33:20 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Here it:

To Whom It May Concern:

Sincere Regards,
Sales Representative

Ammunitionstore.com

(800)432-0255

(330)498-0864

thanks,
Ron

Jesus Christ....reading that email hurts my head....it's one gigantic verb tense disagreemnt.

Anyway, so what it sounds like they're saying is, starting March 20th you can email them with questions about products or product orders.  If you want to complain about previous emails or currently outstanding orders, you have to call.  

It doesn't mean that they're changing dick about their poor customer service though.....they've still lost my business.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top