Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2006 6:20:59 PM EDT
CAN ANYONE BUY RBCD AMMO,  OR WAS IT TAKEN OFF THE MARKET, TO HIGH PRICED OR WHAT ?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:06:54 PM EDT
[#1]
You do know a shit storm is about to hit, right?   I do have one box of it...

TS
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:24:41 PM EDT
[#2]
You can't buy the LeMas stuff, it's AP.  RBCD is legal for civilian use, at least the last I heard, but it is expensive and hard to find.  Blended Metal Technology is mostly BS.  The bullets fragment in a manner comparable to a fragmenting varmint round and they're similar in appearance and construction to JSP.  Might be good for small game in .223/5.56 but not what you'd want for other purposes.  Also, why spend the money for obscure/exotic ammo like this when you can buy more conventional, better-known brands/products that do the same thing.  
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:35:07 PM EDT
[#3]
never heard of it until today and just wanted to try some on varmits, coyotes, etc. but guess not,  thanks for all the info
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:54:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

TS

You ever shot any of it ? Just wondering
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:14:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

TS

I plan on experimenting with it like they say they do.  Shoot a living target (four legged).  I was just curious after all the hoopla.  After the grey-black got rubbed off the tip from chambering it a couple of times, it looks like a 40gr ballistic tip.  The box say 37gr....

TS
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:27:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
You do know a shit storm is about to hit, right?   I do have one box of it..

TS

I plan on experimenting with it like they say they do.  Shoot a living target (four legged).  I was just curious after all the hoopla.  After the grey-black got rubbed off the tip from chambering it a couple of times, it looks like a 40gr ballistic tip.  The box say 37gr....

TS

That's exactly what it performs like.  Like a Nosler ballistic tip.  The LeMas stuff does the same, except it can pierce armor plate.  So, imagine a Nosler with AP capabilities and you have a LeMas BMT, lol.  RBCD is the same but not AP.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:34:58 AM EDT
[#7]

Somebody watched the History Channel last night...
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:49:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Not this shit again. I swear, does anyone ever use the search button?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:44:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:22:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Popcorn - check
Soda - check
Remote control - check

Let the games begin

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:28:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Stan should be along shortly.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:15:19 AM EDT
[#12]
There's an FAQ tacked at the top of the ammo forum. In the meantime, I'm not ready for another RBCD/LeMas thread...

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=254073
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top