AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2006 9:01:56 PM EDT
nuff said.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:33:39 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
nuff said.  

Not really.  When has Wal-Mark's had WWB 5.56mm.  They have WWB 40 round value pack .223, but it's not the same stuff.

TS
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:19:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Who's Nuff?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:53:40 PM EDT
[#3]
nuff as in 'nuff as in 'nough as in enough

'nuff said
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:09:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Their white box 223 is great stuff and extremely accurate. Its made in Israel and sealed and the primer is crimped. It shoots far better than the stuff in the white box I have bought from Winchester.
However as stated its not 5.56 ammo. Its loaded to lower pressure. You can buy the 5.56 at some other stores and its usually marked Q3131 and some used to be Q3131A (Israeli made).
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:43:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I keep hearing everyone say the 40 value pack is made in israel but all mine i get at W,W. say USA.   what gives?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:48:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Their white box 223 is great stuff and extremely accurate. Its made in Israel and sealed and the primer is crimped. It shoots far better than the stuff in the white box I have bought from Winchester.
However as stated its not 5.56 ammo. Its loaded to lower pressure. You can buy the 5.56 at some other stores and its usually marked Q3131 and some used to be Q3131A (Israeli made).

It is extremely accurate, especially for what is costs.  Much more accurate than Q3131 in my rifle.

TS
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:59:13 PM EDT
[#7]
No 5.56 carried at the WallyMarts around here.  All of the Winchester 223 40 round VP I have gotten from WallyMart are marked USA223R1VP and Made in Israel.  I just cleaned out several local stores since some people on ARFCOM are saying it wont be carried anymore.  42 boxes on hand so far...

Anyone decode the lot numbers?  I have a few WK02, lots of WK22, and some WK82.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:19:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
No 5.56 carried at the WallyMarts around here.  All of the Winchester 223 40 round VP I have gotten from WallyMart are marked USA223R1VP and Made in Israel.  I just cleaned out several local stores since some people on ARFCOM are saying it wont be carried anymore.  42 boxes on hand so far...

Why would they stop selling this?

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:27:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

No shit, it has to be some of Wal-Mart's best selling ammo. I buy all they have every time I see it, which is about 1 out of 10 times I go to Wal-Mart. The stuff just flies off the shelves.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:27:29 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is there any truth to this?  This is what we've been shooting alot of lately.  And yes, it is NOT 5.56.  Not sure what the original posters question was.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:29:01 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is there any truth to this?  This is what we've been shooting alot of lately.  And yes, it is NOT 5.56.  Not sure what the original posters question was.

Rumor.................just to cause an artificial shortage from all the ARFCOMERS hoarding it, thus the price will rise......we are our own worse enemy.

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:32:29 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

hr

Makes no sense to me.  There are at least two posts in the last few days (still current), where members say they have been told by Wally clerks that it will be discontinued.  Maybe a rumor, I don't know.  Reminds me of a manager I had once, "All I know is what they tell me, all I can tell you is what I know".
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:46:57 PM EDT
[#13]
The WalMark's I bought out ten days ago has more now, if that means anything.

TS
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:01:05 PM EDT
[#14]
I may be one of the posts you're referring to.  As I was getting the bad news from the clerk and sporting goods mgr, I couldn't help thinking that while I basically believed them, I'll definitely be checking back - Wally's is a big machine!!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:01:26 PM EDT
[#15]
If we all did our parts last fall, the National Ammo Day  (19 Nov) sales spike should've assured it's continued presence in the inventory!

www.ammoday.com/

ETA: I really like the WWB line of ammo, particularly the .45 and .223.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:30:49 PM EDT
[#16]
I buy it by the case from my local Walmart. It takes about 10 days to get in. It is great stuff for the money. I alternate between the WWB and GA Arms Canned Heat - great stuff
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:47:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Maybe I should've bought a few boxes.  I was holding out for cheaper surplus at a funshow coming up.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:03:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Well you could buy 360 rounds from Walmart at $7.73 for a box of 40. That is $8.27 with tax (in NC at least). Multiply x 9, gives you $74.44. That would be the same amount for 360 rounds of that Guatamalan stuff from aimsurplus (shipping and all), but without the threat of corrosion. I vote Wally World prices!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:07:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Ive been to three different local Walmarts on a few different occasions each, none has ever had any 223 in stock.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:39:55 PM EDT
[#20]
bought the last four boxes at Wallys earlier today (so i can break in my new m4 later this week). im in savannah now but ALWAYS bought this 40 pack when in atlanta for my AR. its a great deal and accurate ammo. ive been buying it at wallys for several years. for the guy in NY, i dunno, ask hillary.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:27:02 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm affraid to say......  But I cleaned out my local Wmart of wwb .223 two weeks ago.  Kept checking in with them to buy more.....  No luck.  The last trip I made Sat.  The Sports Manager used his gay little scanner (ok maybe it just looks gay, after all he was trying to help me out) and scaned the tag.  Sure enough, he said "it looks like we might not be carrying this anymore"!!!  No joke.  But they did have Federal HP 200 round value pack for $46.50.  So it is only around 9 bucks more for the Fed. round (200) hollow points. I know, but still not a bad buy. Check into it.  But I am a little worried that WWB .223 is gone for good. Why?  Who knows. But it is a little odd that a thread is cancered with others sayin the same thing!hinking.gif

WWB .223....  You are in my prayers!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:23:47 PM EDT
[#22]
I guess I'd better clean out my local WallMarks one last time...

TS
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:13:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Half the time I go to Wally they are either out of WWB ammo and the other half when they have it ,I say "I'll take all you have.  I get this dumb look and the clerk will say "you want both boxes"?.  I give up on Wally World ammo.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:14:05 AM EDT
[#24]
You guys need to move down south!!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:38:58 AM EDT
[#25]
I have been cleaning them out every Saturday for the last few months. Takes about a week for them to get it.

I have never seen the Federals at mine tho.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:51:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Stopped in  the 12mi. Roseville Mi. store yesterday. NO guns, cases empty.
Ammo supplies low asked the clerk WTF and was told no more gun sales and was not sure about ammo? also said "Some of the stores up north still have them."
I have read here and there about Wal Mart pulling the guns. Ammo next?
Anybody know the real scoop?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:04:45 AM EDT
[#27]
IT says MADE IN ISRAEL on the bottom of the box, left side. I had two stores tell me its been deleted but several stores keep getting in their 10 boxes ( a case for them) once a week. It goes pretty fast. I picked up 10 boxes this am.  My concern is with Winchester not contracting with Israel to make it since they stopped making the Q3131A.
There are several reasons I like this ammo. Its by far the most accurate I have seen in my guns next to Black Hills which is 5 to 10 times as much and its been readily available.
JRandyH
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:04:56 AM EDT
[#28]
Store in my area, Los Angeles County has a sign posted, no more ammo sales???? Shelves were cleared out.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:24:01 AM EDT
[#29]
I'm a rookie with guns and I haveo only shot 90 rounds through my rifle, all of it being this stuff.

I had one jam where somehow the bolt found its way right over the round, as if the magazine wasn't sitting all the way up like it should.

Other than that, my first time shooting an AR, I was hitting 2-2.5" groups at 50 yards with open sights using that stuff.

Shots were pretty consistent.  For the price, I'm very satisfied.  As a matter of fact, i think I might go wipe out my local Wal-Mart today.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:41:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Just bought 8 boxes and they still had 4 left. Going back for it later. All made in Israel.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:53:08 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Just bought 8 boxes and they still had 4 left. Going back for it later. All made in Israel.

Where in Iowa? I just cleaned out our local Walmart in Cedar Rapids.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:44:17 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Makes no sense to me.  There are at least two posts in the last few days (still current), where members say they have been told by Wally clerks that it will be discontinued.  Maybe a rumor, I don't know.  Reminds me of a manager I had once, "All I know is what they tell me, all I can tell you is what I know".

I was in my local Walmart today and no 40 rnd 55gr WWB.  I asked if any was incoming and they looked it up.  Said it says DELETED when they search for that item...  Hmm..  
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:19:37 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Stopped in  the 12mi. Roseville Mi. store yesterday. NO guns, cases empty.
Ammo supplies low asked the clerk WTF and was told no more gun sales and was not sure about ammo? also said "Some of the stores up north still have them."
I have read here and there about Wal Mart pulling the guns. Ammo next?
Anybody know the real scoop?

I start working Sporting goods in the Fenton store in Monday, 3-13.  I haven't heard anything about what is being said in this thread.  I will have to ask the other guys in the dept. what they know (the dept mgr doesn't know shit about anything).  I have been working as a truck unloader for the past year and I can tell you for a fact that it takes 5-7 days to restock after being ordered, as ammo isn't automaticly reordered like the rest of the stuff in the store, and it also depends on the distrubition center as to when the store gets the ammo.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top