Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/5/2006 4:32:25 PM EDT
Anywhere online preferable..??  And other than the armory... there higher than wal mart... its just i keep buying everything wal mart has and the bastards want order anymore haha... they may get a couple boxes in once a week or so... any input would be great thanks
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:11:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Well---since you asked, i did see a buttload of the 45 gr value pack at  Bass Pro Shop. Jackson,ms.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:36:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Well thats a little to far to drive lol but thanks anyway... oh and btw, the 45 grain value pack is like  the "varmit" box and it costs a lot more. Im specifically looking for the 55 gr 40 rd value packs they are around 7.73  Thanks
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:27:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I think the 40rd value packs are Wal Mart only specials. I could be wrong, although it would be the first time.

Stang
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:37:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Natchez Shooter's Supply

...but they're out of stock on a few WWB items at the moment.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:20:30 PM EDT
[#5]
there's a gunstore in ashland, ky that sells the 40 round 55gr. FMJ VP's of WWB.  They only wanted like $14.95+tax a box.    With that said, no.  Wal-Mart is the only place for < $7.73 that I know of.

-X
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:28:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Thats my favorite ammo so far. Its extremely accurate. I hope I will be able to get alot more of it. Going to check after my 855 arrives today. One store told me that it had been deleted. I would like to have a couple of cases before Winchester starts making it again.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:32:45 AM EDT
[#7]
BTW that link give at Nachez is for WInchester USA. Its not the same as the Walmart stuff thats made in ISrael. I bought some of the USA2233F (50rounds) and it said 45 grain varmint on the box. I don't know if it was mislabeled or somebody at the store switched it out. IT was all 55 grain Made in USA stuff and shot horribly in my guns unlike the Wal mart ammo.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:45:29 AM EDT
[#8]
I have seen 50 round Value Packs at Gander Mountain on occasion.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:59:42 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Anywhere online preferable..??   . . .

Natchez has the Winchester USA223R1A available, 55gr FMJ - $221.50/1000 + shipping.  I can't recall the significance of the "A" suffix - might by Israeli.  ~60,000 rounds on hand as of 3/6.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:00:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Brass Pro only had Q3131 in my area.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:47:26 PM EDT
[#11]
The 50 round value packs that I have seen are not the Israeli stuff.  The boxes I bought were marked Varming 45 grain but were in fact Win. made in USA 55 grain.
JRandyH
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:53:23 PM EDT
[#12]
My Walmart Sporting good manager has ordered 2 cases of the 40 rnd. VPs for me!!
Said that they were here for the customer..
When she scanned the code at the shelf though-it said Deleted..
But yet,it allowed her to order on her secret decoder thingy..

If/When the order comes in(10 days) I will do the same thing again..

I know -I have looked-have not found the 40 pks. from Israel,any other place than Wally World..
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:07:29 PM EDT
[#13]
tag
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:14:16 AM EDT
[#14]
One store here told me it was deleted also. If it is I guess they still have some in the warehouse. Guy told me they consider 10 boxes a case which is 400 rounds. Thats about all they get in at a time.
My guess is Winchester will start making it under the USA name again like the 5.56 they are selling again
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:05:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Gander Mountain...an upper midwest BPS/Cabela's type retailer.  In fact, Cabela's bought out GM's catalog business.

@ least one Gander Mountain store has Q3131 for around 5.50 a box...not a really good price, but they have it.  If you have a Gander Mountain near you, you might try their.  They no longer sell online, due to their deal with Cabela's.

Same outfit also has Winchester 223.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:26:50 AM EDT
[#16]
if you go to your local wal mart and talk to a manger they will accomodate you!
around here i go to walmart mostly for 9mm rounds they carry 100 round winchester for $11.57 and 50 rounds remingtons for $5.97 a box  like you said i would buy them out and theyw ouldnt have more then 5 boxes sitting there until bout a month or so so i went and talked to a manager and said if he puts it on the xshelf i will buy it , havnt had a prob yet!

it may just be something i got lucky with but im sure you could talk to somebody about this there, after all they know they sell alot of it, specially when they see you come buy them out a few times
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:24:39 PM EDT
[#17]
My local walmart carried the 40 round 223R1VP's for a time.  I bought the last two boxes they had on the shelf a coupelnights back and was dismayed to find out from the sporting good mgr that they'd be receiving no more of that particulat product.  It was hard to beat at 7.73/40 as it shot very well out of my 20" armalite.  Looks like I'm headed towards some Wolf!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:18:32 PM EDT
[#18]
I just picked up my case (10 bxs) (all the manager could get) today..
I was told by the manager that she had talked with her supplier and that there would be NO more forthcoming!!And it was taken off of her module,and there was no spot on the shelf-again-for them..
She was told it was because of the supply and demand for the war effort..

So untill the supply gets picked up by Winchester-these may likely be the last ones..
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:21:15 PM EDT
[#19]
The local Wal-Mart Special ordered 3 cases(1200 rounds) of WWB for my buddy a couple of weeks ago ....  They even called when they came in ....  
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:11:16 AM EDT
[#20]
I just bought 10 boxes at a store that didn't have any first of the week. I guess as long as the warehouse has it they can order it in.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:28:59 AM EDT
[#21]
I visited family down in Tampa last weekend, and on the drive back up I-75 and subsequently I-10, we stopped at no less than 4 Wal Marts looking for this stuff (my girlfriend got pretty tired of going in and looking at the gardening section!).  Anyway, I struck paydirt on 2 of the 4, and bought everything I found (108 boxes / 4320 rounds).  All Israeli made, but Ive noticed like 7 different Lot #'s, and some seemed more heavily sealed with the black tar stuff than others (depending on the box).
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:58:51 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Anywhere online preferable..??  And other than the armory... there higher than wal mart... its just i keep buying everything wal mart has and the bastards want order anymore haha... they may get a couple boxes in once a week or so... any input would be great thanks

Haha I'm curious too.  I always go there and buy them out and it takes a while to get more in.  I always buy in bulk
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top