Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2006 7:40:00 AM EDT
Being a FNG, I'm confused about something ion the Ammo Price List.

here is a listing as of  yesterday, Thursday 3/2/06

--  KY Imports          199.99     16.55     216.54    Q3131A(IMI)-1999   --

so, I went to the KY Imports site and there is no description other than a pic that shows no date or code.

So now is this the dreaded '99 Q3131 made here by LC, or is this the "A" version made by IMI
and does the '99 have any significance regarding the "A" version?

sorry if this is a stupid newbie question but I am a little new to the site and still overwhelmed by the volume of information that you guys posses that you just seem to take for granted.  I do appreciate all the help I've already received and I promise to ask any stupid question only once to cut down on wastin your time. Ok?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:56:57 AM EDT
[#1]
KY Imports hasn't updated their web site yet this year, so there's good reason for confusion. As of Monday, 2/27, KY had on hand 8 cases (1000/case) of the Winchester (Israel - IMI) Q3131A, year 1999. I haven't heard of any problems with this 1999 ammo from IMI.

Feel free to send an IM - instant message - with any specific questions on the price list.  Make sure you have IM turned on for replies.

And welcome to the site.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:01:48 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
KY Imports hasn't updated their web site yet this year, so there's good reason for confusion. As of Monday, 2/27, KY had on hand 8 cases (1000/case) of the Winchester (Israel - IMI) Q3131A, year 1999. I haven't heard of any problems with this 1999 ammo from IMI.

Feel free to send an IM - instant message - with any specific questions on the price list.  Make sure you have IM turned on for replies.

And welcome to the site.

I bought 3k from them all it's all GTG.  Shot 500 rounds and packed up the rest.  No problems and it looks good.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:39:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I just picked up 2000 rounds from them. It is 1999 Q3131A and is first rate ammo.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:19:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, since I started this thread, I ordered by phone a case of the Q3131A from KY Imports which they said they had in stock, and instead got:

12 boxes Q3131A lot# PF71 - made in Israel. this was headstamped WCC 99 and the bullet was crimped but it did not appear the primer was. neither bullet nor primer was sealed.

4 boxes Q3131 lot#PC03 - made in USA. this was headstamped WCC 99 and the bullet and primer were both crimped. the primer but not the bullet appeared to have a light, uneven coating of red sealer.

4 boxes Q3131 with Black Ink lot# HL72 - made in USA. this was headstamped WCC 94 and the bullet and primer were both crimped. the primer but not the bullet has a heavy coating of red sealer.

On the invoice it stated,  "sorry, this is all the Winchester in stock". they charged me $4.50 a box for 20 boxes of 20 rounds plus $12 for shipping to Atlanta, GA

First of all, being a FNG, does anyone feel there is any issue with this ammo I should be aware of? I checked the lot of the '99/Q3131 against the list posted here and it does not appear to be one of the suspect lots from that year. anything else ring a bell?

I expected a little better...
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:36:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Unless the '99 stuff are lots PD50, PD90, PF40, PC22, PG62, PF52, PF11, PL31, or PN02 you should be fine.  I got a bunch of the Q3131 '94 stuff and it shoots great.  If I was you I'd shoot the stuff that is not sealed and store the rest.

Shok
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:48:25 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Unless the '99 stuff are lots PD50, PD90, PF40, PC22, PG62, PF52, PF11, PL31, or PN02 you should be fine.  I got a bunch of the Q3131 '94 stuff and it shoots great.  If I was you I'd shoot the stuff that is not sealed and store the rest.

Shok

yeah, I checked that list of suspect lot #'s from 99 and this doesn't appear to match it.
I just wondered if there was any other thing I should be iffy about.

thanks for the reply, Shok...
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top