Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2006 5:21:58 AM EDT
Do you guys think the price is fairly reasonable for this ammo. Its the Winchester 55gr 40 pk for 7.73 at Wal mart.  Your looking right at $200 bucks for 1,000 rounds.. I just got my first ar and i bout 5 boxes yesterday (it was all they had). We have 2 super center's and a reg wal mart, stuff must sell like hot cakes. Any opinions would be appreciated, thanks guys.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:29:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I have found it really accurate ammo and not a bad price for just a few boxes. My concern is that it may not be made in Israel anymore. The regualar USA Winchester doesn't shoot as well in my guns.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:35:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Oic... On www.ammunitionstore.com they have both the USA & Israel made... I was wondering what the difference was myself
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:18:09 AM EDT
[#3]
You will hear people talk about acuracy and such but what are you shooting with and what are you shooting at is the question.  If you are shooting a scoped 20" rifle at pop cans at 250 yds then accuracy may be a factor but if you are shooting 12" gongs at 100 yds with a 16" carbine with iron sites then it doesn't matter if it is 1MOA ammo.  

WWB is cheap plinking ammo and that is all it is meant to be.   I buy all I can get my hands on and shoot it.  At $0.20 per round it is about as cheap as I can get delivered so I think it is a great value.

But what do I know I use Wolf to shoot 200yd gongs.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:21:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks... Im using it to plink, i have a 16" carbine btw.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:26:40 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Oic... On www.ammunitionstore.com they have both the USA & Israel made... I was wondering what the difference was myself

There's an Ammo Faq "tacked" to the top of this forum that'll answer this question and more....

READ IT!

Mike
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:16:39 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Do you guys think the price is fairly reasonable for this ammo. Its the Winchester 55gr 40 pk for 7.73 at Wal mart.  Your looking right at $200 bucks for 1,000 rounds.. I just got my first ar and i bout 5 boxes yesterday (it was all they had). We have 2 super center's and a reg wal mart, stuff must sell like hot cakes. Any opinions would be appreciated, thanks guys.

I would call that the industry standard .223 load. WWB is loaded to SAAMI .223 spec and not mil 5.56 spec. I have measured it at about 3,050fps out of my Colt 20". The same day, the mil spec 5.56 (called Q3131 made in USA or Q3131a made in Isreal) tested about 150fps faster.

It is good ammo at a good price. Also, you can collect the once fired brass and sell it on the EE. That should recoup $15/k or more.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:23:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the info guys!  I guess im just gonna stick with the WWB as it seems to be the cheapest by far except wolf obviously..
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:49:15 AM EDT
[#8]
I like it enough to buy it at that price. That's saying a lot because aside from a few shotgun shells and .22 LR ammo I haven't bought any kind of rifle or handgun ammo at Wal-Mart in years, except for the great ammo buyout back in November.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top