Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2006 7:16:40 AM EDT
Does anyone know who has this in stock right now?

I tried Sportsman's Guide 3/31 to 4/30 backorder.
AIM is out.
Cheaper Than Dirt is out.

Anyone? I just ordered a couple Yugo SKS's and have nothing to feed them with.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:36:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool. It is coming back. Ammoman announced they were getting it back in today.

WTF, 2 case maximum?

Looks like ammo rationing is here. Ammoman must have got just a little bit.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:39:19 AM EDT
[#2]
there is pleanty of this ammo around.  My local gander mountain must have had 2 to 3 cases of the stuff just out for display.

This ammo shortage is a bunch of worrying about nothing.  I bought over 1400 rds of 7.62x39 at the peak of the "shortage".

Just look around a bit.  It's out there.

Oh, there's a lot more whineing about this in the AK ammo forum.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:00:16 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
there is pleanty of this ammo around.  My local gander mountain must have had 2 to 3 cases of the stuff just out for display.

This ammo shortage is a bunch of worrying about nothing.  I bought over 1400 rds of 7.62x39 at the peak of the "shortage".

Just look around a bit.  It's out there.

Oh, there's a lot more whineing about this in the AK ammo forum.

But how much are you paying compared to a year ago? I used to pay 80 bucks a case give or take a few dollars, and now it's more like 130-150 a case. And none of the online dealers have it.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:12:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I paid $13 for a box of 40 at Wal-Mart. It feels like the world is upside down. AK ammo more expensive than .223.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:11:12 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I paid $13 for a box of 40 at Wal-Mart. It feels like the world is upside down. AK ammo more expensive than .223.

Whatever dude.  Check your prices.  If you paid 13/a box for wolf, you got took.

Also, yea it was cheaper last year.  Of course gas was also.  Is there a shortage of gas?  Prices rise.  We are at war and demand from the military (not nessessarly ours) is up.  There may be less comming into the coutry right now but demand has also increased due to the "quick buy it up there's a shortage!!" mentality.

I seem to remember backa few years primers being hard to find.  That blew over and so will this.  I keep hearing that no one has this ammo but I seem to come across it all the time at local stores and have had no trouble ordering it on line.

I guess people will just have to stop bump firing it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:39:55 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whatever dude.  Check your prices.  If you paid 13/a box for wolf, you got took.

Also, yea it was cheaper last year.  Of course gas was also.  Is there a shortage of gas?  Prices rise.  We are at war and demand from the military (not nessessarly ours) is up.  There may be less comming into the coutry right now but demand has also increased due to the "quick buy it up there's a shortage!!" mentality.

I seem to remember backa few years primers being hard to find.  That blew over and so will this.  I keep hearing that no one has this ammo but I seem to come across it all the time at local stores and have had no trouble ordering it on line.

I guess people will just have to stop bump firing it.

I'm pretty sure he means WWB 7.62X39, not Wolf. It was $18 a box at my local walmart a while back, haven't checked since, I refuse to pay that much for plinking ammo.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:36:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Sportsmans Guide 640 rounds for 75 bucks + ship as of 3-5-06

ETA "Limited quantities"
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:05:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Nobody has it around the Norfolk area, and I have called everywhere.  Some places have Winchester or Federal, Wolf is not available.  Good thing I still have 600+ stashed away.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:34:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Sheesh - I remember grabbing a case o' Wolf for $67 back sometime in 2002 from the FunShow - lowest I EVER saw it.  I sold off my AK a while back, but now I'd wished I'd bought a number of cases at that price to help out some of my bretheren with 'x39 rifles at a modest profit
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:58:30 AM EDT
[#10]
I told people this on another board (a bunch of them bought SKSs) and no one believed me, saying "well my local farm store has cases of this stuff... I refuse to shoot the dirty green lacquer coated stuff". I told them that Wolf pretty much stopped using lacquer after 2003, so whatever stock that store had was at least 2-3 years old. I too have tried to find new Wolf 7.62x39 to no avail. Barnaul was supposed to have a new shipment as of last year, but the usual story is "2 more weeks!" like the Shrike, Glock's announcement, the XCR, etc...

I can now get new USGI 30rd AR mags and 223 Rem ammo for almost less than AK stuff 2 years back, and I'm not complaining.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:03:36 PM EDT
[#11]
"He who hesitates is lost."

Ammoman is out again. I jst got a new AIM flyer which had some cheap Hungarian SKS ammo and it is gone too.

I will have to check out my local stores. The local gun show this weekend had cases of Barnaul 7.62mmx39mm going for $200.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top