Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/20/2006 12:05:03 PM EDT
I was told to dupe this in here..................

I bought this yesterday at Dallas' Big Town gunshow from Dallas Reloading. I bought a 1Krd. case from them
and inspected every single case, with these mixed up in with them.

The casings in the bulk were a mix of .223 Lake City, REM and WIN

I was also shorted 53 rounds, I counted them also. So in total they shorted me 80 rounds total, because I cant shoot
the faulty bullets.

I buy from them not expecting this. Everyone buying from them please take a few minutes to check out each bullet before it
goes into your mags for shooting, it could save your life.

These cases have major dents and the necks were torn and holes also exposed.

LINK TO HI_RES PICTURE FOR BETTER VEIWING
home.comcast.net/~jeepgc_4x4/rogue2.jpg]home.comcast.net/~jeepgc_4x4/rogue2.jpg[
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:16:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I really hate to see this as I have shot several thousand rounds of theirs over the years.
I need to look at the last batch I bought in January.
I would contact Lamar Peterman and get his reaction. Nice guy, I'll bet he'll make it right.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:19:43 PM EDT
[#2]
DAMNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:23:49 PM EDT
[#3]
they better hope they have enough liability insurance,selling crap like that to people.

This is why MY reloads are the only ones I shoot.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:45:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
DAMNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!

THE RETURN OF XM193PD
Any pretzel's ??
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:06:51 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I bought this yesterday at Dallas' Big Town gunshow from Dallas Reloading. I bought a 1Krd. case from them

Not sure how to take it, but you state you inspected the merchandise, and bought it anyways ?

Buy a case gauge, drop them rounds you have shown in the pic, if they drop fine, shoot them.  Dents is trivial,  50,000 PSI will form the brass to the chamber wall, no more dent.. brass is rather soft.

Defective bullets ?  Bullets look fine in the pic, couple with cut marks...  cases kinda crappy looking... dents and a couple squished necks...   Don't like them, take them back for a refund.

Load your own, then you do not have to deal with somebodys  sloppiness product, other than your own.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:44:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not sure how to take it, but you state you inspected the merchandise, and bought it anyways ?

Buy a case gauge, drop them rounds you have shown in the pic, if they drop fine, shoot them.  Dents is trivial,  50,000 PSI will form the brass to the chamber wall, no more dent.. brass is rather soft.

Defective bullets ?  Bullets look fine in the pic, couple with cut marks...  cases kinda crappy looking... dents and a couple squished necks...   Don't like them, take them back for a refund.

Load your own, then you do not have to deal with somebodys  sloppiness product, other than your own.

fyi: looks like he inspected them after he bought them
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:20:35 PM EDT
[#7]
That's fugley.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:22:25 PM EDT
[#8]
wow im actually surprised at this, even though i dont shoot reloads im still surprised to hear that about dallas reloading. ive only heard good things about there stuff.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:53:50 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

fyi: looks like he inspected them after he bought them

No kidding, who would admit to inspecting them, finding these defects, know they are getting shortchanged, and then buy them anyway?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:14:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Smith I know that use to work the shows warned me long ago about Dallas Reloading.  He had a few blown cases in his box caused by them.  I'm not surprised in the least.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:11:32 PM EDT
[#11]
do you mind telling us what they gouged you for?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:08:08 PM EDT
[#12]
I bought 500 rounds of 55gr SP from them on the 19th.  After seeing this post, I had to check 'em out closer.  I had 503 rounds and one looked like the 11th from the right in the initial post.  There was a guy there who was telling the proprieter that the 1000 rounds he had bought earlier wouldn't run his M-16.  He said they cycled fine in his AR.  He was buying more.

As far as inspection - at least in my case, I had checked out the merchandise and when I told him what I wanted, he pulled a can from behind the table. hinking.gif
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top