Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/20/2006 8:29:05 AM EDT
Can the 6.5 be loaded to make IPSC Major power factor ? For those unfamiliar, this means that BULLET_WEIGHT (in grains) X MUZZLE_VELOCITY (in FPS) must be 320,000 or more. I think the 6.8 is really marginal with a 20" barrel, but would seriously consider the 6.5 if it could make it. Also, any comments on accuracy if it does get there ?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:50:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Doesnt the 140 grain bullet get like 2300 fps from a 16" barrel?   That would make it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:44:44 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Doesnt the 140 grain bullet get like 2300 fps from a 16" barrel?   That would make it.

Hmmm. Yes it would, but I bet the bullet drop would be pretty dramatic. I wonder how light the bullet could and still make major.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:52:46 AM EDT
[#3]
All are short, except the 144 FMJBT.

It'd be close, but a 24 inch overwatch might have enough with the 123 scenar.....

Grendel Ballistics with 20 inch barrel
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top