Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/15/2006 7:30:17 AM EDT
Howdy Fellas,

I've been stocking up on XM193 for a while (haven't fired any yet) and recently bought a new RRA midlength. I'm itching to break into the XM193 and I plan on sending several thousand rounds of XM193 down the barrel over the next few months.

Assuming the carbine is cleaned after every firing session, will the RRA get "beat-up" from the intensity of the the XM193? What parts tend to need replacing the earliest? Should I look into getting some replacement parts?

Thanks,
AE
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:40:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:23:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Should be fine, my Bushmaster 14.5" has just over 9000 rounds through it over the last four years and I've seen no noticible change in accuracy. My 20" Bushmaster has around 3000 since summer 03' and I've seen no change in accuracy at all, I've been able to consistently keep 5 rounds of 77 grain SMK under an inch at 100 yards if I do my part.

Most of the rounds through both rifles were XM193; there was around 700 wolf  and a few hundred(close to 500) rounds of 55 grain PMC, probably 700 Winchester white box and 1000 XM-855 through the 14.5" There has been around 500 rounds of XM-855 and maybe 200 of Black hills blue box 77 grain and 75 grain through the 20" with all others being XM-193. Both rifles have had no mechanical problems.

edit* I just replaced the firing pin in my 14.5" Bushy, it was starting to look a little deformed near the head, where the hammer strikes, but I didn't have any problems with it, I would just rather not wait untill I do. I would keep a few firing pins, a few extractors and pins, and also some firing pin retainer pins, they are small and can be lost easy, but if they come from a reputable manufacturer they shouldn't break easy, at least for a long time.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:55:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Should be fine, my Bushmaster 14.5" has just over 9000 rounds through it over the last four years and I've seen no noticible change in accuracy. My 20" Bushmaster has around 3000 since summer 03' and I've seen no change in accuracy at all, I've been able to consistently keep 5 rounds of 77 grain SMK under an inch at 100 yards if I do my part.

Most of the rounds through both rifles were XM193; there was around 700 wolf   and a few hundred(close to 500) rounds of 55 grain PMC, probably 700 Winchester white box and 1000 XM-855 through the 14.5" There has been around 500 rounds of XM-855 and maybe 200 of Black hills blue box 77 grain and 75 grain through the 20" with all others being XM-193. Both rifles have had no mechanical problems.

edit* I just replaced the firing pin in my 14.5" Bushy, it was starting to look a little deformed near the head, where the hammer strikes, but I didn't have any problems with it, I would just rather not wait untill I do. I would keep a few firing pins, a few extractors and pins, and also some firing pin retainer pins, they are small and can be lost easy, but if they come from a reputable manufacturer they shouldn't break easy, at least for a long time.

And you know any change in accuracy was because of those 700rds
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:09:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Since we are on this topic, and I have never read it anywhere on arfcom, what is the life expectency,(rd. ct.) of a bushmaster, or rr quality rifle? I  live 5 min from the range, and I'm a fireman, 24 on 48 off, so I go to the range 2-3 times a week, and usually fire 100+ rds per time, I have several uppers, and swap out depending on my mood, and shoot m855  99% of the time. Thanks in advance for answers,.........Treeman edit- I don't keep up with exact rd counts, but I have shot 3000, and working on another 1000, since OCT, 05 that is when I contracted Evil Black Rifle Disease.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top