Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2006 4:41:31 AM EDT
Went out to the range (Norris) yesterday afternoon and tested out some Wolf .223 55gr fmj ammo that I got about a month ago.
I wanted to test it for reliability/plinking purposes in my rifle.  My first shots were a 5 shot group at 100yds (~120yds at this range).
This ammo does not group exceptionally well in my rifle, but I had no reliability issues that weren't mag related.  I got about a 4-5" group that was about 4-5" high.

Rifle:  Oly lower, DPMS upper w/ lite barrel-FF 1x9 and using a T168 Optic from Leapers.

After shooting several groups w/ the wolf I decided to take off the optic and try some double tap drills w/ buis.  ~120rds in all--wolf performed great for its use--plinking ammo.

Later, I reattached the optic to see if it returned to 'zero'.  I shot a 5-shot group w/ WWB at 100yds and was aiming at a hole on an open target and printed ~2"group about 1/2" high dead center of where I was aiming.  That gave me confidence knowing that it would return to zero.

To end the day I shot at a target that was left at the '200yd' line (~225yds) and marked the prvious holes w/ my marker.  3shots w/ WWB:  Target and Rifle

This rifle was piece-parted together as money allowed to use for predator hunting--I think it will take a 'yote fine.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top