AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/14/2006 1:43:51 AM EDT
Plinking ammo?
Target ammo?
SHTF ammo?
Waste of money?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:06:56 AM EDT
[#1]
As anyone that has bothered to read the Ammo-Faq tacked to the top of this forum can tell ya, Federal Gold Medal 77grn SMKs are an excellent choice for target or SHTF ammo.

Abit on the expensive side for a plinking round, IMO.

FWIW the Black Hills (bluebox) 77grn. SMKs are also an excellent choice for the same purposes, as well as being better priced.

Mike

ps - why one would ask this question considering the 77grn. SMK is the bullet of choice loaded into the latest version of the military MK262 mod?, is beyond me........., obviously someone has not been reading the tacked threads above........
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:38:01 AM EDT
[#2]
When I click on it it brings me back! must be a team member?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:41:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
As anyone that has bothered to read the Ammo-Faq tacked to the top of this forum can tell ya, Federal Gold Medal 77grn SMKs are an excellent choice for target or SHTF ammo.

Abit on the expensive side for a plinking round, IMO.

FWIW the Black Hills (bluebox) 77grn. SMKs are also an excellent choice for the same purposes, as well as being better priced.

Mike

ps - why one would ask this question considering the 77grn. SMK is the bullet of choice loaded into the latest version of the military MK262 mod?, is beyond me........., obviously someone has not been reading the tacked threads above........

Guilty as charged!
I just wanted to talk about it in the forum with someone who knows, kind of like bullshitting with a friend vice reading something out of a book.  

That's why it's called a forum.

I have a feeling that if I say that I am getting a CMMG 18 inch midlength barrel and I am going to put it on my flat top AR15 with my ACOG TA31 and use the Federal 77 grain I'll get no advice here....
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top