Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2006 1:59:45 PM EDT
I have been trying to find some  Hornady 75 grain TAP for SHTF ammo but cant seem to find it anywhere thats not sold out.  Does anyone know where to find it?  If not whats a good second choice?  I have Some Blackhills M262 on back order so who knows when that will show?  I tried seaching the EE but no luck, I even checked the vendors to no avail.  I see Ammoman has 60 grain TAP whats the difference in that?
Thanks,
Mike
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:10:20 PM EDT
[#1]
There is quite a bit in my closet.

Oh wait that's 5.56mm 75gr TAP.

You want the .223 stuff.

Sorry.

Can't help ya. Keep looking it will show up.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:16:29 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You want the .223 stuff.
Sorry.

As sarcasic as Spooge5150 post was.  As a member, do a friggin search. This seems to be a daily post about TAP.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:03:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I did do a search and came up empty, and no I dont want 223 TAP I want 5.56 TAP.  Unless I'm doing my search wrong it came up empty what should I put in the seach field?  I used Hornady TAP in EE.
Thanks,
Mike
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:04:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You want the .223 stuff.
Sorry.

As sarcasic as Spooge5150 post was.  As a member, do a friggin search. This seems to be a daily post about TAP.

You are right. I sit here ashamed.

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:10:07 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I did do a search and came up empty, and no I dont want 223 TAP I want 5.56 TAP.  Unless I'm doing my search wrong it came up empty what should I put in the seach field?  I used Hornady TAP in EE.
Thanks,
Mike

FYI: You won't see 5.56mm TAP on the EE. It is sold to LEO only, or the special people who know one.

THANK YOU SCOTT!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:11:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Thanks,
Mike

Unless you're a cop or real good friends with one, you won't be seeing any 556 TAP!  Hornady sells it direct to Agencies and indiv. officers(I think) only!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:17:07 PM EDT
[#7]
How much do you want, what are you willing to pay, how ong can you wait?  Even LE orders have to wait till they make a new batch and that can be days to a few weeks.  Also you must consider it is quite costly and a pain to mail cases of ammo.  You would probably need to order at least 1000 rounds to get an individual officer to go to the trouble of getting it for you, pay a nice premium and then wait for weeks.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:20:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a good friend who is a sheriff I never even thought about him, whats the rate for it?  Is the 5.56 that much better?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:41:37 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I have a good friend who is a sheriff I never even thought about him, whats the rate for it?  Is the 5.56 that much better?

it's about $150 for 200rds.  I don't know by how much better the 5.56 is over the .223 but it is better.  I use .223 75gr TAP for HD and I certainly do not feel underpowerd using it, it's a great round but if you can get the 5.56 then get that instead.

I have seen some 5.56 TAP in the EE recently but it's not often and it goes fast.  Just keep an eye out for it and maybe you can get lucky
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:30:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Because the PD is not subject to the same taxes the 5.56 is $110 per 200.  It is LESS expensive than the .223 version. 5.56 extends the fragmenting range roughly 50 yards.  Due to greater velocity it will have better % fragmentation at all ranges as well.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top