Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/10/2006 6:54:28 AM EDT
Is this normal?  I bought two boxes and have only removed twenty (to load a mag) and found two or three with dented cases.  I am sure it will be fine since the neck and shoulder are OK, but one has a pretty deep dimple...it looks like some XM855PD I have had.

Anyway, is this to be expected?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:30:59 AM EDT
[#1]
I've never seend a dented case in any of the blue box (68 or 75gr) that I've purchase and/or shot.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:44:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I've occasionally seen a small dent in a case from the Blue box stuff, but never anything that would effect it chambering or firing. There is sometimes the dent you see from the brass hitting the case deflector, but usually these are minor.

I'm assuming you know that the blue box stuff is loaded in once fired LC brass.

Any chance you could post a pic?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:51:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I will post pics when I get back into town on Sunday.  The case is marked:  WCC 04 and it has the circle and cross.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:18:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Never seen a dented or dirty case in any of the Black Hills reman. stuff.

In fact, it's accurate and reliable.

(not to mention I like the fact that it comes in 50 rd. boxes)
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:37:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I have never had a dented case, beyond a very small dimple in the body, which is normal since Blue Box is once fired brass.

WCC 04 huh?  All mine has been LC brass in the past.  Insteresting.... does the military use WCC for training ammo, or doe Black Hills also get brass from other sources?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:34:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I will post pics when I get back into town on Sunday.  The case is marked:  WCC 04 and it has the circle and cross.

In all the BH 75gr Blue box I shoot, I don't ever remember a WCC HS.. In addition to pics tell us where you got it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:14:38 PM EDT
[#7]
in my 77 and 69 bh I have some wcc cases, a few of the lc cases have small dents too.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:07:34 AM EDT
[#8]
I've gotten some black hills blue box with WCC headstamps as well.  Didn't Olin pick up a contract to add extra 5.56 munitions to the military to supliment LC's production?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:00:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I just got into town tonight, but it is late (12:00 AM) so I will post pics after work tomorrow.

I got the rounds from Midway.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top