Posted: 2/7/2006 8:58:52 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:29:17 AM EDT
[#1]
look yes, purchase no.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:32:15 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
look yes, purchase no.

Sorry to disagree, but that crap ain't even worth the look.

Mike
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:37:55 AM EDT
[#3]
if you want a good round that will shoot through glass well then get 60gr TAP Barrier before they stop making it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:12:40 AM EDT
[#4]
I clicked on the link so I had to look.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:47:14 AM EDT
[#5]
I had to look too  Why is it bad?  Not that I want any just curious?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:54:08 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
if you want a good round that will shoot through glass well then get 60gr TAP Barrier before they stop making it.

Where can I get some?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:42:15 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where can I get some?

Any gunshow, Midway Shooter's Supply, Mid-South Shooter's Supply, dang near anywhere.

FWIW, Winchester 64grn. PowerPoint  or PowerPoint Plus ammo can be had at any decent gunshop or sporting goods and IMO is just as good a choice as the TAP, where car glass is concerned.

Mike

ps - the PP or PP+ is "noted" in the ammo faq, tacked above, BTW
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:43:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where can I get some?

Any gunshow, Midway Shooter's Supply, Mid-South Shooter's Supply, dang near anywhere.

FWIW, Winchester 64grn. PowerPoint  or PowerPoint Plus ammo can be had at any decent gunshop or sporting goods and IMO is just as good a choice as the TAP, where car glass is concerned.

Mike

ps - the PP or PP+ is "noted" in the ammo faq, tacked above, BTW

IIRC Dr Roberts said the TAP barrier was a distant second to the TBBC rounds and 64 grain PP was an even more distant placing not even to be considered a barrier round.  Am I remembering wrong?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:47:22 AM EDT
[#9]
TBBC= Trophy Bonded Bear Claw hunting rounds?

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:18:34 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
look yes, purchase no.

and this is based on.................?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:36:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Ill be the one!  I would like to test them out at the junk yard!
I bet it penetrates  just as good as SS109 bullet
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:05:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Yes please do tell why that bullet would not be a good barrier round?

Thank you very much.

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:27:17 PM EDT
[#13]
In theory, an bullet made entirely out of "copper alloy" could potentially provide superior barrier performance, especially against windshields. An average windshield is quite a formidible barrier for M193 and M855 bullets. The windshield seperates the core from the jacket reducing mass and lethality of the round. There are alot of variables when shooting at windshields, such as angle of impact and distance, but generally, a solitary shot with M855 will be sufficiently destroyed to an extent that its unlikely to have enough retained mass to be sufficiently lethal, though glass and copper fragments could cause injury. A windshield must be weakend to a point where intact bullets can pass with minimal to no damage and maximum retained weight. Bonded bullets have the core

and jacket bonded together making them much more resistant to seperation increasing retained mass. Federal Trophy Bonded Bear Claws are an excellent example of a bonded rifle bullet which is effective against windshields and is readily availible without PD letterhead. So long as the bonding process is effective at eliminating or impeding core seperation, any decent bonded bullet should provide sufficient performance superior to standard ball ammo. People are generally skeptical, especially around here, when it comes to new ammo making boastful claims which havent been independantly varified. IIRC, 100% copper bullets are illegal, so I am not sure exactly what these bullets are made of....but in theory, a solid 1 piece bullet that lacks a jacket/core could perform as well as TBBC or better. Its promising, and perhaps worth a further

look as I prefer jacket/core to be seperated during the manufacturing process rather than when I am trying to stop a rushing vehicle. I too am a "wonder bullet" skeptic, but provided the reasearch is there and it doesn' constitute illegal AP ammo, it could be worth a serious look. That being said, I am in no hurry to replace my patrol bandoleer of D&H magazines loaded with TBBC's with HSM's new barrier ammo. I would howver, be curious to see further testing results.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:32:38 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

are they really???
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top