Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/4/2006 7:57:43 AM EDT
I bought 2 boxes of BH ammo at a gun show today.
The box says: Cal 5.56, 77gr Sierra Matchking, then the next few lines someone cut away, then it  says Navy Shooting Team, Manufact. by Black Hills Ammo.

Any guess what it said where someone cut away? And why would someone cut away this info. Any guess on the velocity of this ammo? The case head says: BHA 223 Match, the primers are sealed and crimped. Is this Mk262 or some Match stuff made for the Navy. Any info would be appreciated.

Dr.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:08:11 AM EDT
[#1]
The cut away area probably contained the ammo Lot #.  I have seen ammo at shows that was  USGI, and the lot # was scribbled out with a black marker. I think the clipped M855 that Ammoman has, has the Lot #s removed from the packaging. I don't know why this would be done, except to maybe hide where the ammo came from.
Sounds like the ammo you have is Mk262.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:42:59 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The cut away area probably contained the ammo Lot #.  I have seen ammo at shows that was  USGI, and the lot # was scribbled out with a black marker. I think the clipped M855 that Ammoman has, has the Lot #s removed from the packaging. I don't know why this would be done, except to maybe hide where the ammo came from.

The lot # was on the inside flap and it was crossed out as well.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:54:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Do you have pics?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 12:30:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Do you have pics?

Sorry, no, I have yet to buy a digital camera.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:24:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I have some Mk262 from BH. It has WCC 05 and the NATO stamp on the case head. Makes me wonder if this new stuff I bought isn't  just match ammo made for the Navy.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:23:30 PM EDT
[#6]
All I know is that's how they mark their brass for Red Box (new mfg).  Are you sure your MK262 is marked WCC.  That's winchester I thought!  They would use that brass for Blue box stuff but I don't think they use it for MK262 though.  But that, I'm not sure of.

Anybody else got MK262 so they can look at the case and see how it's marked?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:37:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
All I know is that's how they mark their brass for Red Box (new mfg).  Are you sure your MK262 is marked WCC.  That's winchester I thought!  They would use that brass for Blue box stuff but I don't think they use it for MK262 though.  But that, I'm not sure of.

Anybody else got MK262 so they can look at the case and see how it's marked?

MK262 MOD1 & Headstamp

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:28:37 PM EDT
[#8]
AAAAAAhhh.  I see.  
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:04:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Can you Buy this stuff on line anywhere?

Thanks,

Badredfish
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top