Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2006 8:08:03 PM EDT
What is the lowest recommended bullet weight in a 1:8 barrel?  Will 50 grain hollow points work or be screwed up by the high twist?

TIA,

TS
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:27:48 PM EDT
[#1]
It depends on how fast you drive them. I have not shot anything lighter than 55gr out of my 1\8 barrel, but I know a shooter who uses the 52gr Sierra Match King for reduced matches without any problems. I do know that people have benn having problems with the 45gr rounds sheding their jackets, but those bullets aren't match rounds.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:26:48 PM EDT
[#2]
On ocassion I shoot Hornady 40 Gr VMAX rounds in my RRA Varmint A4 that has a Wlison 1/8 twist barrel and I have had no problems whatsoever.   I get outstanding accuracy as well.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:37:40 PM EDT
[#3]
You probably don't have to worry with a 1/8 twist.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:34:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks!

TS
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top