Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/29/2006 4:43:26 PM EDT
Google is letting me down, so I'd appreciate any information anyone here can provide me with, on the following two 9mm rounds, i.e. availability, price, reputation, etc.:

Dynamit Nobel(Geco 123gr.)  9mm Luger
Federal 123 gr. 9mm

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:28:31 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Google is letting me down, so I'd appreciate any information anyone here can provide me with, on the following two 9mm rounds, i.e. availability, price, reputation, etc.:

Dynamit Nobel(Geco 123gr.)  9mm Luger
Federal 123 gr. 9mm

Thanks in advance.

The Nobel is good stuff. My MP5 loves it.
Not the most common/available. I wouldn't want to pay more than $.12 - .14 a round.
Of course, I go through a bit of it at a time. See above.

The Federal should be fine. Probably available most anywhere, maybe not quite as common as Win. White.  In the same ballpark, pricewise.

Since I go through a lot of ammo, I stock up at sales. I try to beat $.11 a round. You may not go through as much, so a couple cents a round more may be ok.

This for plinking?

HKO
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:14:26 AM EDT
[#2]
The Geco stuff is fine. I used 2K rounds through an old M43 Firestar, zero problems. I think I paid $140/1000. Being American Eagle is available and significantly cheaper, I'd skip the Geco. But it Geco is all you can get, don't worry about it. Good stuff.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:21:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I would use the RWS Geco ammo any day before federal.  That being said, I have never had a problem with the Federal either.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:29:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Just used up the last of the geco. Good stuff, little on the hot side. The federal is a little cleaner.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:02:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Some pics over here.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top