Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2006 5:55:49 AM EDT
Is M262 avaiable anywhere?  I know this is a slight variation on my other post but I'm trying to find out if M262 is for sale anywhere?  Is M262 like all other Military ammo in that its loaded to 5.56 preesure vs civilian ammo which is loaded to 223 right?  I know it will be blems but who cares.
Thanks,
Mike
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:09:27 PM EDT
[#1]
MK 262 is what you are referring to. The 77gr OTM loaded to 5.56 pressures.

You can purchase Black Hills factory seconds of it from Cabelas.com. It is called " 77 Grain MK" for 24.99 a box of 50. It is under the "Black Hills Remanufactured .223 Ammunition" section. Check each round before firing, some have large dents or damaged necks.

- rem
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:21:59 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Is M262 avaiable anywhere?  I know this is a slight variation on my other post but I'm trying to find out if M262 is for sale anywhere?  Is M262 like all other Military ammo in that its loaded to 5.56 preesure vs civilian ammo which is loaded to 223 right?  I know it will be blems but who cares.
Thanks,
Mike

Cabelas is back ordered until April. Fulton Armory had it listed on its site, but no longer. I asked this same question about a week ago and I was surprised to not get a single reply. I don't know what that means, but I can't find this ammo anywhere. FWIW, it couldn't hurt to get on Cabelas back order list so you might reserve some at least. Good Luck!

Dr.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:58:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey thanks I did order or should I say backorder from Cabelas I ordered up 2000 rounds just in case  it stays hard to get.  The salesman at Cabelas did say it is 5.56 not 223 and that it is Match King canular so maybe?????  I talked with Fulton and they said theirs did not have a canular at least that is what the salesman thought.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:09:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Hey thanks I did order or should I say backorder from Cabelas I ordered up 2000 rounds just in case  it stays hard to get.  The salesman at Cabelas did say it is 5.56 not 223 and that it is Match King canular so maybe?????  I talked with Fulton and they said theres did not have a canular at least that is what the salesman thought.

For some reason, Fulton is selling .223 77gr Blems. These are not 5.56 Mk262 Blems that they used to have on their site. These loads probably do not have a cannelure, but again they are are not military loads(5.56). I don't get why the are selling "Blems" of a SAAMI spec load that is always available? Something strange is afoot with their marketing. Buyer Beware!!!

Stay alert!
                              Dr.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:33:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I agree makes you wonder why their selling blems at regular prices??? I called today and asked what they were and I was told they are 77 grain Sierra WITHOUT the canular which is NOT the M262 I agree buyer beware or at a minimum ask questions and lots of them before ordering.  This is ONLY my opinion but I think they are misleading the buyer by claiming these are the same cartridges used by the Military Marksman which they maybe, but the precision teams but not combat teams.  So you think your getting M262 when really your just getting regular 223 77 grain.
Again just my opinion anyone know or want to elaborate more on this?
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top