Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2006 10:44:39 AM EDT
Is the Fulton Armory 77 grainf Blackhills milspec 5.56 blems or civilian .223?  I'm wanting to buy some M262 but as of yet this is all I see.  Anybody know
Thanks,
Mike
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:25:22 AM EDT
[#1]
It say's "civilian .223 remington" so I think it's probably not NATO pressure, I too have been looking for a good source for MK 262.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:07:37 PM EDT
[#2]
What gets me though why not sell factory new?  I mean why sell blems when your talking about match ammo?  Another thing no one else sells Blackhills blems that I have found so is it that they have to call it that?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:01:10 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
What gets me though why not sell factory new?  I mean why sell blems when your talking about match ammo?  Another thing no one else sells Blackhills blems that I have found so is it that they have to call it that?

Cabela's sells Black hills mk262 seconds.  Look in the new ammunition heading about  2/3rds down and the only 5.56 77 grain loading is it.

Fulton did at one time sell these also.  You may want to call them and clarify.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:03:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I think it has something to do with it's hard enough to keep up production for the military.  You should be thanking God that they do make it for the military.  Hopefully someday somebody will supply 5.56 77 grainers to civilians.  But it will be expensive and you might as well buy the seconds.  Unless you're made out of money.  There's nothing wrong with them.  

I would love to see a 77 grain FMJ round.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:19:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I have no problem at all with blems or seconds I just wanted clarification if it was loaded to 5.56 or 223 pressures. That was is it civilain or milspec?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:00:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have no problem at all with blems or seconds I just wanted clarification if it was loaded to 5.56 or 223 pressures. That was is it civilain or milspec?

Well the ones on cabela's are 5.56, and I could've swore Fulton carried it at one time or another but I don't know that for sure.  Like I said, call them or email them.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:08:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Just  FYI I placed an online order with fulton for some cases of black hills, after about 2 weeks I called to check and they said it would be anouther 1-2 weeks. The part that sucked was that these idiots charged my credit card when I placed the order and didn't email or call to tell me they were backorderd! They won't see anouther dime from me!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:56:56 AM EDT
[#8]
I've purchased Mk262 (not SAAMI .223) from Fulton-Armory in the past but at the time their online ad was different and actually specified "5.56mm chambers only". ..So I don't know if this is the same stuff.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:04:07 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Just  FYI I placed an online order with fulton for some cases of black hills, after about 2 weeks I called to check and they said it would be anouther 1-2 weeks. The part that sucked was that these idiots charged my credit card when I placed the order and didn't email or call to tell me they were backorderd! They won't see anouther dime from me!

FYI, I order my BH bluebox 77grn. SMKs from Midway, (placed order early morning on Jan 17th, ammo arrived Jan 19th, late eve.).

This is pretty standard for them as I generally get 500 round lots from them ever couple months.

One of the reasons I use 'em, your not stuck waiting around for weeks to get what ya ordered.

Mike

ETA - sorry had to go check the Fulton price:   Case of 500 - $299.95

Here's what I paid at Midway :

(copy/pasted from actual e-mail invoice)

Order #xxxxx58 placed on 1/17/2006 shipped on 1/17/2006 via UPS Ground to:

Michael Wilson

Houston, TX

ItemID Qty Price Description
-------- ---- ------- -----------------------------------
114847 10 $24.99 Black Hills Remanufactured Ammun...

Postage, Handling & Insurance: $11.42
NRA Round-Up: $0.68
Thank you for supporting the NRA
Order Total: $262.00

While not the best price I've gotten it for (as it varies), definately better than Fulton, in more ways than one.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:07:03 AM EDT
[#10]
I talked with Fulton yesturday about their Blackhills and while they say its the same as M262 I think its the stuff the Marksman/Compitition teams use as it does not have the cannular so then my question next was why do you sell "blems" they told me to save us money.  I now think their advertising is kinda misleading as it makes you think its M262 when its really not but, their not being dishonest either its just not what you think your getting. They did say that from time to time they will 77 grain cannular just not most of the time its what Blackhills gets to them. Kinda like the small print on TV ads........  So Iguess buyer beware and call and ask lots of questions
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:00:28 AM EDT
[#11]
In the past Fulton has sold both a 77gr AMU load (which was not MK262 in any way - .223 load) and , per Jeff  "Cosmetic second MK262MOD1". When I purchased, there was some confusion over the two - it seems not to have subsided. The lady I originally spoke to was very helpful, but not very knowledegeable on this subject. I cant beleive there is any of this AMU load left so...

The current confusion is caused by this I think

"New Manufacture CIVILIAN .223 Remington with the famed 77 gr Sierra Match King bullets!" - that aint Mk262 MOD1

Email them - let them know you want the "5.56 Mk262 Mod1 77Gr"- morally certain it will have the cannelure. . If they they have it available - if not  try Cabelas Ive had great luck with Fulton otherwise - and they got me the right stuff.

So you know, currently the only (legal) way civilian sales of Mk262 happens is "Cosmetic Seconds" - which are merely that - in all other respects they perform. So if you want Mk262 its "blems" - unless someone will do another 50,000 piece run Like Georgia Precision (pre-ANGSTA warning)

Luck
Alac
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:00:04 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
In the past Fulton has sold both a 77gr AMU load (which was not MK262 in any way - .223 load) and , per Jeff  "Cosmetic second MK262MOD1". When I purchased, there was some confusion over the two - it seems not to have subsided. The lady I originally spoke to was very helpful, but not very knowledegeable on this subject. I cant beleive there is any of this AMU load left so...

The current confusion is caused by this I think

"New Manufacture CIVILIAN .223 Remington with the famed 77 gr Sierra Match King bullets!" - that aint Mk262 MOD1

Email them - let them know you want the "5.56 Mk262 Mod1 77Gr"- morally certain it will have the cannelure. . If they they have it available - if not  try Cabelas Ive had great luck with Fulton otherwise - and they got me the right stuff.

So you know, currently the only (legal) way civilian sales of Mk262 happens is "Cosmetic Seconds" - which are merely that - in all other respects they perform. So if you want Mk262 its "blems" - unless someone will do another 50,000 piece run Like Georgia Precision (pre-ANGSTA warning)

Luck
Alac

This sounds right on to me.

BTW, mr. wilson, I bought some 77's from midway a month ago and it also shipped very quick.  Seems like they always have the 77's in stock too!  When I ordered those, they didn't have any of the 75's.  Midway is a very decent place to order from.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top