Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/23/2006 8:39:54 AM EDT
I swear i did a search!

Is Winchester USA223R3 62gr. a round for loading up on?  In today's market , at least.
-I have 16"/20" RRA, 1:9 twists
Is $216/1k out the door a price to jump all over?

Thanks in advance...
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:22:18 PM EDT
[#1]
It would be the lower pressure rounds... being .223 and all. But if you want plinking ammo I don't see why not.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:24:31 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I swear i did a search!

Is Winchester USA223R3 62gr. a round for loading up on?  In today's market , at least.
-I have 16"/20" RRA, 1:9 twists
Is $216/1k out the door a price to jump all over?

Thanks in advance...

Have you shot this ammo in your weapon, and if so, did it fulfill your requirements?  It would not be a great choice for hunting, self defense or what you would call a GP round.  But it would be good for punching holes and having fun.  I wouldn't buy anything in bulk until I knew my rifle doesn't hate it.  Just my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:19:11 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks guys!  not cheap enough for plinking and no SHTF stockpiling.  just what i needed to know.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top