Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2006 11:53:56 PM EDT
Hi, all. Currently in Iraq, and obtained 100 rounds of WCC 02 headstamped 5.56mm open-tip match ammo in a ziploc bag from another unit. I do not have the proper scale to sacrifice a cartridge and weigh a bullet, so I'm not sure what the hell I've got. Mk. 262? Something commercial? An inquring mind wishes to know. My online access is very irregular, so feel free to e-mail any ideas.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:07:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Hard to say.  I'm assuming that they are not reloads and if not, I would assume that they are the Mk 262 loads.  Without more information, it's anyone's guess.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:05:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm so generally ignorant on the subject (can tell M193 from M855 and that's about it), that I don't know if Winchester even made the brass for Mk262, or if 262 was made that long ago, etc. Still, figured it couldn't do any worse on soft tissue than M855, so I kept 25 rounds for myself (three tracers on top, two on bottom to round out the mag) and shared out the rest.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top