Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/18/2006 7:15:32 PM EDT
Was wondering if anyone had a reference or could tell me what the load rating is for the rubber seals on different types of ammo cans.  Most interested in info on seals for standard 50 cal. cans, but would also be interested in having the load rating info for saw cans, 40mm grenade cans, 20mm cans, etc., as well.

Believed this was discussed some time back to some extent, but can't remember if any specifics were ever  stated.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:50:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Tag

(for an understanding of what a "load rating" is on the rubber seal means)

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:31:30 PM EDT
[#2]
To clarify, just want to know how much weight can be placed on top of a ammo can, before edge of the can cuts through the seal or damages it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:16:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I have had 8 boxes of 45 cal 250 grain  500 per box sitting on two 50 cal. ammo cans for months with no damage.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:22:50 AM EDT
[#4]
anybody bought a replacement rubber gasket? Where?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:55:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I too would be interested in replacement gasket suppliers...

Heck, I need a few more ammo cans!
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top