Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2006 12:26:28 PM EDT

This ammo was produced by the Lake City Arsonal and then demilled under contract through Lake City for civilian sale. Demilled means that this ammo was released by Lake City under contract, and was taken apart and had a new primer put in and then loaded back with the same components. They must do this to make the ammo legal for civilian sale.

This ammo is being sold on Gunbroker.com
Link
Can someone tell me why it has to be redone?

I heard the 5.56 ammo has a faster burning powder and a harder primer.
Is that true?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 12:48:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Here we go again! Another seller on Gunbroker.com that does NOT know what he or she is talking about!!!!!  hat
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 12:55:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I read this whole thread Link before posting, but didn't get any answers as to why they would have to put in different primers.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:04:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I read this whole thread Link before posting, but didn't get any answers as to why they would have to put in different primers.

By law enacted by Clinton through executive order, all surplus ammo cannot be released to the public, but the components can. So basically the ammo is taken apart, and then put together, but with different powder. As for the primers, they are usually chemically deprimed, which makes them useless, it would be extremely impossible to take out the primers and try to reinsert them back into the cases.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:57:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Listen, this is the same fuckhead that has been on gunbroker for years selling "Raufus" incindeary ammo in various flavors to include 5.56x45mm and 7.62x39mm.

You do not need to say anymore than that.     The guy needs to have a 1/2 pound tanker bottle of tannerite shoved where the sun don't shine and promptly detonated.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:10:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Listen, this is the same fuckhead that has been on gunbroker for years selling "Raufus" incindeary ammo in various flavors to include 5.56x45mm and 7.62x39mm.

You do not need to say anymore than that.     The guy needs to have a 1/2 pound tanker bottle of tannerite shoved where the sun don't shine and promptly detonated.

Beat me to it.
Anyone selling "super raufus" is a dumbass, who I would not do buisness with.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:30:28 PM EDT
[#6]
So this ammotogo guy doesn't sell what he advertises?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:46:36 PM EDT
[#7]
smells like reloads using usgi brass to me. Only reloads I shoot are my own, or black hills.

Save your cash and your AR buy other ammo.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:53:32 PM EDT
[#8]
the Multi purpose Raufus round is of Norwegian developed round that has been licensed to Olin to be
manufactured in this country.  It is an armor piercing,incenderary,high
explosive round with a high explosive charge of RDX.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:33:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
the Multi purpose Raufus round is of Norwegian developed round that has been licensed to Olin to be
manufactured in this country.  It is an armor piercing,incenderary,high
explosive round with a high explosive charge of RDX.

And is only worth a damn when loaded into a chambering like the 50BMG where the projectile is large enough to contain enough quantities of high explosive to have the desired effect.

The MK211 round is about as small as that technology is going to get with the 50BMG round, going smaller will not have beneficial results with things like 30cal and smaller.

That's what needs to be said about the round more than anything else.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:53:21 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Here we go again! Another seller on Gunbroker.com that does NOT know what he or she is talking about!!!!!  
What this seller on Gunbroker.com is selling sounds like some XM-??? PD. Either XM-193PD or XM-855PD. This is tier/grade 3 ammo. Lake City MUST sell all of their M-193 and M-855 (tier/grade 1) to the military. Afterwards, Lake City sells their factory rejects (tier 2: XM-193 & XM-855) (tier/grade 3: XM-193PD & XM-855PD) "AS IS" via commerical market.

+1. Absolutely!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:39:15 PM EDT
[#11]
I have order from them before.  They are selling Dallas Reloading Supply remanufactured ammo.  I call it remanufactured because it is not suppose to be reloaded brass.  I shot a 1000 rounds of the stuff with no problem.  Probably not the same quality as xm193 but still pretty hot.  Like I said 1000 rounds and not one misfire.  Looks a lot better than xm193.  Probably the cleanest ammo around, not like that matters.  If you live in the Dallas/ Fort Worth area you can find it at every gun show.  About the same price minus the shipping.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:15:29 PM EDT
[#12]
I've shot 2000 rds of this witout one single problem or failure. Very good deal I think. It's seems as hot as XM193 and is also very accurate for the price. It is also very clean burning ammo. Nice shiney LC brass and relaods great. Very good plinking ammo for the money.  This ammo is definitlly not (PD) ammo, doesn't even look the same as PD crap I have setting here. I'll keep buying it for plinking ammo.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top