Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/14/2006 6:34:34 PM EDT
I am going shooting tomorrow and need to decide what to shoot with and what to throw into my stash.

I have 2000 rounds of Radway green M855 that came bulk packed.

And I have 2000 rounds of Federal .223 55gr FMJ.

Cost was about the same for both.

On one hand I think "I would rather have M855 in my stash even though right now I only have XM-193 because its mil-spec ammunition" but then I think "Federal 55gr FMJ is better then M855 anyday."

So I cant decide which to shoot and which to keep.  This is all being shot out of 16 inch barrels.

Dumb question I know, but maybe someone can help.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:36:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Depends on how your rifle likes the Radway Green...

TS
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:56:17 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I am going shooting tomorrow and need to decide what to shoot with and what to throw into my stash.

I have 2000 rounds of Radway green M855 that came bulk packed.

And I have 2000 rounds of Federal .223 55gr FMJ.

Cost was about the same for both.

On one hand I think "I would rather have M855 in my stash even though right now I only have XM-193 because its mil-spec ammunition" but then I think "Federal 55gr FMJ is better then M855 anyday."

So I cant decide which to shoot and which to keep.  This is all being shot out of 16 inch barrels.

Dumb question I know, but maybe someone can help.

Dace. I am 50 years experienced (old). In dealing with guns, there are NO dumb questions -- only dumb mistakes!

(edited part)
If you intend to keep a stash for SHTF then keep that which will store best.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:12:02 PM EDT
[#3]

The bad thing about surplus ammo is, you have no idea how it was stored before being surplussed. It may have sat in a leaky ammo magazine, or in hot desert conditions for years. Its a crapshoot ,really.
I would shoot quite a bit of the RG, and Federal ammo, then base your decision on which one performs the best out of your rifle.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:21:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Shoot the RADWAY, and stash the Federal
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:27:04 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Like I said..........

TS
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:53:20 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Like I said..........

TS

+87,keep the Federal
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top