Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/13/2006 1:57:38 PM EDT
Now that wally world is starting to stock the WWB again, I am thinking of stocking up, especially after seeing the gel test posted here.  At $7.75/40 you can't go wrong.  

I have a few questions:

1. Is there a 62gr version of WWB?  The ones I have seen at WM are all 55gr.  I (and my rifle) prefer 62gr for accuracy.

2.  Probably but, is there a difference between WWB marked .223 rem (what is at WM) and the ones marked 5.56x45?  I saw a guy at the range the other day with some WWB marked 5.56 and was intrigued.

3.  Is there a place online that I can buy WWB in bulk at WM prices?  The few places I have seen it want more (even before factoring in shipping) and on top of that I would rather avoid buying it 3 boxes at a time at WM if possible.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:37:21 PM EDT
[#1]
i purchased some WWB tonight and asked the manager of sporting goods if i could order a case and prepay for it.  he said i would have to talk to the store manager about it, but said it might be possible.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:19:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Normally, you have to buy 5 cases at a time for WM to order it for you.  Thats the way it is over here.  

Weazer
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:26:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Dustyyyyyy....ooh Duuuussstttyyyy...

how about a group buy...
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:00:08 PM EDT
[#4]
This item will continue to be my primary practice load. Made by IMI, price stable, usually available, good shoting, and pricing remains stable. At least for now...
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:07:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Winchester's white boxed ammo that says 5.56 is q3131 :D I spent alot of time at a gunshow looking at the box over and over, then saw the little 'q3131' stamp on it.

You're asking a really easy question

Q. Should i stock up on ammo?
A. Yes , everyone should.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:19:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
i purchased some WWB tonight and asked the manager of sporting goods if i could order a case and prepay for it.  he said i would have to talk to the store manager about it, but said it might be possible.

I was at Wally World today buying ammo too, I asked the same question and they told me the same thing, ask the manager.  He also said that he had never seen the WWB 223 come in in case quantities.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:47:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, I'm going to get 10 boxes of it.  I plan to keep an ammo bix filled with it.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:59:46 PM EDT
[#8]
May I ask a couple of questions?
Where do you live that WW has that kind of ammo? And what do I need to do to get my WW (in New Mexico) to get the ammo for me?
Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:00:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Where do you live that WW has that kind of ammo? And what do I need to do to get my WW (in New Mexico) to get the ammo for me?
Thanks!

All the Wal-Marts around here have it.  .223 55 gr. FMJBT in 40 round value packs for $7.73 a box.  Thought all Wal-Marts carried it.  I don't buy it that often because I get most of my ammo in bulk, from online or gunshows, but it is great to have around if you really need a box or two to plink with.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:07:08 PM EDT
[#10]
I cannot for the life of me find 40 round .223 or 5.56 at my local stores. BUT I found .223 50 rnd soft points.

I think I am going to stock up on 5.56 for SHTF and use the .223 crap for range. Since the paper doesn't care about an extra 100-200 fps.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:41:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

X2..the krazy thing for me was...i have a wally world and meijers and a pretty big shop bout 15 mins north of me and non of them carry it anymore.but i stopped at a wally world bout 15 mins south .. to pick up a wedding card*had a  wedding reception to atend*and i have no idea what made me think to go to sporting goods..but i did hahah and  i walked out with a good 400 rounds..what was realy best though ,was the guy behind the counter and this other guy.. i told the guy behind the counter..i need a box of the winchester .223...so he grabbed a box ..then i said "i`ll take all you have"and the guy next to me just started laughin..and i look at him n said "ya cant beat 40 round for under 8 bucks"and he got this big smile and nods..both of them where some old timers
best wally experience in a good while
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:31:45 AM EDT
[#12]
The Walmart ammo comes in 400rd cases.  I was cruising around Walmart a few weeks ago ans saw a shopping cart near the ammo counter loaded w/ cases of ammo.  Apparantly someone got a bunch of ammo ready for stocking the shelves, then went on break and just left it sitting there.  Most of it was shotgun shells, etc, but "Winchester .223" caught my eye.  

There was not a clerk behind the ammo counter, nor one near the sporting goods at all.  I waited for like 10 minutes.  Finally, I just grabbed the case and threw it in the cart.   The clerk at the front checkout could not scan the case, b/c the 40rd packs are tagged for individual sale, so we opened up the case and she scanned a box ten times, no questions asked.

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:39:29 AM EDT
[#13]
I clean them out of the White Box and UMC's green box everytime I visit.  They still haven't recovered from the visit 2 weeks ago.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:22:18 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
The Walmart ammo comes in 400rd cases.  I was cruising around Walmart a few weeks ago ans saw a shopping cart near the ammo counter loaded w/ cases of ammo.  Apparantly someone got a bunch of ammo ready for stocking the shelves, then went on break and just left it sitting there.  Most of it was shotgun shells, etc, but "Winchester .223" caught my eye.  

There was not a clerk behind the ammo counter, nor one near the sporting goods at all.  I waited for like 10 minutes.  Finally, I just grabbed the case and threw it in the cart.   The clerk at the front checkout could not scan the case, b/c the 40rd packs are tagged for individual sale, so we opened up the case and she scanned a box ten times, no questions asked.

I'll have to check on that.  The 9mm comes per 1000, I just have to buy 5 cases at a time

Weazer
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:21:10 AM EDT
[#15]
I just picked up 16 boxes today. The clerk (same one that has been there the last 8 weeks) said "you are here like, every weekend huh?" I responded yes and told her I always make the rounds to Wal-Mart and a few other sporting goods store to see what they have.

She told me that if I knew what I wanted and the amount I wanted she would order that amount above and beyond the normal shipment. She did not require any money up front, took my name and number to call when it comes in. She even had me wait until the manger came and approved the "above norm" amount.

The clerk went on to say that the "Just In Time" shipping system ships goods based on a 5 week average. So if I buy the "above norm" amount for 5 weeks straight the system will automatically ship that amount going forward.

just thought I would share...
x~

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:01:41 AM EDT
[#16]
I work at Wal-mart in the sporting goods section. Winchester does not make a 62gr round that we can't get. The value packs (the 40 round 55gr FMJ) are hard to keep in stock. I shoot the stuff personally and when i order it i have to order atleast 5 cases at a time and if i'm lucky that will only last a week. The stuff just flys off the shelves. Just so you guys know anytime that wal-mark orders ammo direct it must be atleast 5 cases at a time so some wal-marts won't order direct. as mor me and my store i order stuff just about everyweek  and i order in palet's at a time.(not just rifle also shotgun.) I just wanted to let you guys know that now every wal-mart will order ammo for you.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:07:24 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Now that wally world is starting to stock the WWB again, I am thinking of stocking up, especially after seeing the gel test posted here.  At $7.75/40 you can't go wrong.  

I have a few questions:

1. Is there a 62gr version of WWB?  The ones I have seen at WM are all 55gr.  I (and my rifle) prefer 62gr for accuracy.

2.  Probably but, is there a difference between WWB marked .223 rem (what is at WM) and the ones marked 5.56x45?  I saw a guy at the range the other day with some WWB marked 5.56 and was intrigued.

3.  Is there a place online that I can buy WWB in bulk at WM prices?  The few places I have seen it want more (even before factoring in shipping) and on top of that I would rather avoid buying it 3 boxes at a time at WM if possible.

Hello my fellow Beretta man.  Or should I admit that over here?

WalMart for some reason, probably volume, has a few "special" types made for them.  The 100 round 9mm, the 100 round .45 and the 40 round .223.  I believe in 45 hp's and 55 grain FMJ.  There may be other's too, but I don't have experience with them.  These two .223 loadings are just that, .223 pressure and spec.

Winchester white box has all kinds of loadings for .223 / 5.56.  The only two 5.56 loadings I know of are Q3131 and Q3131A.  The "A" one is made in Israel and the Q3131 is made here,  from what I'm told.  They do have a 62 grain loading called  USA223R3.  I'm looking at them now.  They are made in Israel too.  I think there may even be a 62 grain usa made loading, but not sure.  This is a .223 loading.  They do produce M855, which is 5.56 62 grain, but I've never seen them.  I've only seen them on their website.  I'm pretty sure the 62 grain USA .223 loadings are not an SS109 bullet, which is what M855 has.  This is windy but a good way to know what they carry is go to Outdoor Marksmen.  They have a pretty good line up of all the different WWB loadings.  But you will notice, they don't have the Value Packs like Wally world because from what I can tell, those are exclusive.  Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:51:18 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Thanks!

I live in Alb. NM and our WW has the WWB, or do you mean the "Q3131A" stuff?  You must not live in Alb, because you will know that Sportsmans Warehouse sells Q3131A for $4.29/ 20.. (oh boy, I better go buy a case before this gets out!!)
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:16:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Sportsmans Warehouse had Q3131 for $4.39 a box here in Az.  They dont anymore because I bought it all on Sunday.  The ammo lady said that was the last of it.  In her words "hard to come by flys off the shelfs."
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:14:39 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Sportsmans Warehouse had Q3131 for $4.39 a box here in Az.  They dont anymore because I bought it all on Sunday.  The ammo lady said that was the last of it.  In her words "hard to come by flys off the shelfs."

Some of these people must think that selling a lot of ammo is like selling cigarettes to kids or something. If it flies off the shelves, it seems to me that they would order a lot and make more money. Am I misunderstanding this?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:27:25 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Some of these people must think that selling a lot of ammo is like selling cigarettes to kids or something. If it flies off the shelves, it seems to me that they would order a lot and make more money. Am I misunderstanding this?

I would imagine a large company like sportsmans warehouse buys a hige shipment from Winchester then alocates among its stores.  The store might not have a lot of say in what it gets.

Then when they run out they are replenished.  Its usually how such large stores work.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:53:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Hey smak, Why doesn't wal mart stock 5.56 Win. White box, just the .223 stuff? Anything you can do about it?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:39:48 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Hey smak, Why doesn't wal mart stock 5.56 Win. White box, just the .223 stuff? Anything you can do about it?

Yep. Call Ammoman.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 1:57:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Our home office will only allow winchester to send us certin ammo. we really don't have control over that.  I have tried ordering some for myself and Winchester said they couldn't send it because of our home office, so i called them one day and they told me it was something they didn't want in the stores.they wouldn't give me a reason so i just left it at that.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:03:00 PM EDT
[#25]
SO what is the item # for WWB .223?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:06:24 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have purchased almost 8 cases of Q3131a for 4.09 a box from Sportsmans Warehouse in the last month.
I went there today to buy what ever they had and they were out.

Talked to the Hunting Dept manager and he said they have it on order.
I gave him my cell # and told him to call me when it comes in because I want every box they get in, he gave me a funny look and said OK.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:01:35 PM EDT
[#27]
My local Wallyworld doesn't have it, but I have seen and bought it at other Walmart's. I don't get it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:47:10 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thanks!

I live in Alb. NM and our WW has the WWB, or do you mean the "Q3131A" stuff?  You must not live in Alb, because you will know that Sportsmans Warehouse sells Q3131A for $4.29/ 20.. (oh boy, I better go buy a case before this gets out!!)

Well, good job, I jinxed myself and they are out! damn it!!They had 3+ cases there Sunday.....
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:19:50 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thanks!

Wally WOrld in CLovis and Portalas have it
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top