Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2006 5:06:33 PM EDT
Both the Rogers and Bentonville Wal-Mart do not have the 40 rnd bulk pack of Winchester 55 grn in. They dont even have the price up or a place for them any more. Did they quit carrying it or is it just my local ones?

Omni
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:14:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Both of my local walmarts still carry the 40 round value packs, $7.74 each if I remember correctly.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:14:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Wal-Marts around the country stopped selling it sometime last year due to the fact IMI was too busy making military ammo.  However, late last year, it started popping back up again.  My Wal-Mart has had it for a while now, and currently has it.  Don't know if your Wal-Mart never got it back in or if they are running short again?  
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:52:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Both the Rogers and Bentonville Wal-Mart do not have the 40 rnd bulk pack of Winchester 55 grn in. They dont even have the price up or a place for them any more. Did they quit carrying it or is it just my local ones?

Omni

I bought 9 40rd Value Packs of Winchester white box .223 55gr on Saturday at the Wal-Mart at I35 and Parmer in north Austin.  That was all they had on the shelf, but I've been buying that much or so just about every week either at that store or the one at I35 and Louis Henna Blvd in Round Rock.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:20:45 PM EDT
[#4]
My local Walmart (Massena, NY) was out of it for months but never took the upc tag off the shelf. They just got some in recently.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:35:38 PM EDT
[#5]
In my local Walmart the boxes are kept behind the counter. I have to ask for it specifically. They don't have it in the glass counter case either and no tag.
Jim
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:42:52 PM EDT
[#6]
My buddy and I have checked about 6 Wal-mart's in the North GA area ... they are all out ...  I bought 5 boxes last week and they have not restocked ...
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:50:43 PM EDT
[#7]
They still sell it. If it's not on Backorder?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:04:30 AM EDT
[#8]
They are probably just waiting till "china" figures out out to make it just like IMI so they can put some poor Israili's outta work and have a better profit margin as well.  

kidding
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:11:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
They are probably just waiting till "china" figures out out to make it just like IMI so they can put some poor Israili's outta work and have a better profit margin as well.  

kidding

I'm sure Wal-Mart would love to import ammo from China, however Clinton signed an executive order placing an embargo on all firearms, firearm parts and ammunition from China during his 2nd term.   Unfortunately Bush has not seen fit to rescind it yet.  That is why we haven't seen much of any new Chinese stuff on the market lately...
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:55:23 PM EDT
[#10]
I have purchased 25 boxes of the 40 round value packs in the last five weeks from my local Wally World.  They seem well stocked.  

On a side note, I had them order me a Walmart special 10/22 last week (22" stainless).  They were suppose to call me when it came in this week.  It was there tonight on dispay.....I never received a call.  I discussed it with a worker.  He could have cared less.  My reply was "I guess you don't really want to sell me this gun" and  I handed it back.   They don't care because they will have no problem selling it.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:24:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Called them, They told me only had 2 boxes of the 40 round value pack. Went next day in the morning and they were putting more out. 18 boxes to be exact.TOOK THEM ALL.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:24:44 AM EDT
[#12]
That is why I will not buy a damned thing from Wal Mart.  Cheap, Chinese shit and bad customer service is not my idea of place to give my money.  

Howard

Quoted:
I have purchased 25 boxes of the 40 round value packs in the last five weeks from my local Wally World.  They seem well stocked.  

On a side note, I had them order me a Walmart special 10/22 last week (22" stainless).  They were suppose to call me when it came in this week.  It was there tonight on dispay.....I never received a call.  I discussed it with a worker.  He could have cared less.  My reply was "I guess you don't really want to sell me this gun" and  I handed it back.   They don't care because they will have no problem selling it.  

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:37:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Another 7 boxes picked up today at my WallyWorld..
Northern MI..
That is all they put on the shelf and not even labeled!!

Of course-I know where to look!!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:53:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Its pretty sparatic where i live. One day they'll have 15 boxes in , the next day they won't have any. According to the guy behind the shelf , one or two guys come into the place and pick em all up every time they have them.......he he he
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:54:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Our wally world has them in stock, but the price is really not so great anymore.  You can get AE223 delivered to your door for less.   I'm over wally world.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:18:21 AM EDT
[#16]
We have it here in the Pensacola area.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:53:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Just so everyone knows, the winchester 40rd packs are going to be in stock off an on in most stores. Winchester has Military contracts to fill before Wal-marts get theirs. I was unable to order any for a few months last year, and when i called them to direct order, that was what they told me. meanwile our home office took it off the mod(shelf) and we have gotten it back in again. And when it became available again they put it back on mod.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top