Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2006 3:11:54 PM EDT
Anyone shot this and how did it do? Would you buy it again? Accurate? What did you shoot it in?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:34:38 PM EDT
[#1]
POO

Seriously.

The stuff I got was the stuff Ammoman was selling. I got it for cheap, close blasting stuff. The FAL guys were RAVING about it.

I picked up 500 rounds and... poo.   I should have known something was amiss when I let the operating rod fly on the first round and it somehow got caught in the mechanism- and bent in half. I pulled it out and was able to remove the bullet with my fingers. I should have saved the case. The rest of the rounds went off without a hitch but were very inaccurate in my M1a.

I have about 430 or so rounds left. Yipeee.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:42:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
POO

Seriously.

The stuff I got was the stuff Ammoman was selling. I got it for cheap, close blasting stuff. The FAL guys were RAVING about it.

I picked up 500 rounds and... poo.   I should have known something was amiss when I let the operating rod fly on the first round and it somehow got caught in the mechanism- and bent in half. I pulled it out and was able to remove the bullet with my fingers. I should have saved the case. The rest of the rounds went off without a hitch but were very inaccurate in my M1a.

Thanks Macman, thats where I was lookin at it.  Gues I'll stick with stocking up on SA.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:03:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
POO

Seriously.

Thanks Macman, thats where I was lookin at it.  Gues I'll stick with stocking up on SA.

FWIW What would you be using it in? The FAL guys were gaga over it... Mebbe it just doesn't like M1as... Wonder if any of the guys over at the FAL files posted problems with it.

It would be fine "blasting" ammo. Only problem is, I don't "Blast"!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:51:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, I have 2 FALs, 2 M1As [1 SA GI model and 1 NM] and 1 navy Garand. I have about 15 K worth of .308 ammo with most of it SA, some Aussie, and some Port.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:39:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I ran about 80 rounds through my Socom16 and Bushmaster 308.  I know it isn't alot of rounds but I did not have a single problem and it seemed to shoot where I aimed.  I didn't measure for accuracy as I had two new shooters running the rifles through their paces, and I just fired a few shots through them to see what the difference was in felt recoil.  I would definitely buy some more.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:43:29 PM EDT
[#6]
We shot 500 rds of it today through my M1A and PTR-91.

It all shot fine.  No failure of any sort.  It was accurate enough for me.  We were shooting at IPSC targets and had no problems getting good semi-rapid fire hits in the "A" zone at 75 to 100 yards.  

Kinda sucks though, I only have another 280rds left
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:17:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I like it. I have 3k rounds i am sitting on now. Other than having to cull some of the rounds for corrosion its good ammo. I have fired maybe 300-400 rounds.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top