Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2006 6:25:20 PM EDT
I'm hearing that XM193 is factory second ammo from Federal?  Is this true?

I've bought a good bit of the stuff and shot some and never had a problem, but now I see a guy in another post had his rifle blown apart by a round.  I usually shoot Wolf but shoot some XM193, but save the rest for a rainly day.

I thought XM193 was some of the best stuff we could buy.  Mine all came from Ammoman in sealed 20 rnd brown boxes with the lot number printed on them.  I know that there is some that comes loose in bags, and I thought that was the rejects.  I also thought that the military doesn't use 55 grain M193 anymore, so XM193 wouldn't be mil reject seconds.  

Please don't tell me that to have safe and reliable ammo for my AR, I have to use 15 dollar a box Winchester or Hornady.

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:44:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Well I have about 5500 rounds of XM-193 just sitting here ready to go bang. Yes thing's do happen with guns, but are you always told the full story.....
I am sure there is an equal amount of user mistakes including reloading and cleaning....
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:44:35 PM EDT
[#2]
First Read This:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=241144

XM193 is 2nd rate, that's what the 'X' denotes.  I wouldn't worry about shooting it though.

The military does use M193 to a certain extent still.  The older M16's require it because of their rifling.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top