Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/1/2006 11:37:41 AM EDT
Just went to Wal Mart and they had 18 boxes of WWB in stock. Bought em all, got a weird look and went on my way. Hopefully they will start stocking it regularly again.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:12:09 PM EDT
[#1]
They have this a my walmart to, only in 55 grain, is that a good grain to shoot in 1:9 twist? Is that standard grad for this ammo?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:15:44 PM EDT
[#2]
55 Gn. IS the standard .223/ 5.56mm loading, and perfect for 1/9" twist barrels..

Much better deals at www.ammoman.com, and all prices are delivered.

Tack
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:43:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
55 Gn. IS the standard .223/ 5.56mm loading, and perfect for 1/9" twist barrels..

Much better deals at www.ammoman.com, and all prices are delivered.

Tack

Actually Wal-Mart's price on the Winchester White Box 40rd Value pack 55gr .223 ($7.73) is better than any price ammoman.com currently offers on comparable quality brass case, boxer primed ammo.

Including 8.25% sales tax, I can get 1000 rounds at Wal-Mart for $209.20, ammoman's closest price is $229.00 for Federal American Eagle, and I prefer the Winchester ammo personally.  If you live in a state with lower sales tax, the difference is a little bigger even.  All ammoman's comparable deals are marked "out of stock" right now.  The only thing they have cheaper is Wolf, but I don't consider it comparable since it is non-reloadable.  It is also my personal opinion, which many around here may not agree with, that Wolf is dirty, smelly, lower powered and less consistantly accurate.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:22:40 PM EDT
[#4]
+1 on what softwarejanitor said. The price at Wal Mart isn't a smokin deal but it isn't bad at all and WWB is my plinking ammo of choice next to XM193 which is much more expensive to get a hold of now and yes 55gr is the perfect plinking ammo out of a 1/9" bbl.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:30:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Yep, nothing wrong with the WWB 40 round value packs.  It's good ammo at a fairly decent price.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:46:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I wish Wal Mart sold 5.56 ammo. Would never have to go to Gander Mt. again
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:11:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I wish Wal Mart sold 5.56 ammo. Would never have to go to Gander Mt. again

+1
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:02:39 PM EDT
[#8]
There was a time when ammoman had the smoking hot deals.  That no longer seems to be the case at all.  I will admit his shipping is spot on.  I always ordered on the weekend, received a shipping notification on Monday and ammo was on my doorstep on Wednesday.  But this great deal talk is nonsense now.  Even Wolf can be had for cheaper at other places.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:04:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Just went to Wal Mart and they had 18 boxes of WWB in stock. Bought em all, got a weird look and went on my way. Hopefully they will start stocking it regularly again.

Your welcome!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:06:17 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your welcome!

For what?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:31:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I just posted some pictures of the groups I shot Friday with the wal-mart 55gr in the 40 round value packs.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=262569&page=3
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:54:44 PM EDT
[#12]
I also cleaned the closest Wal-Mart out of .223 WWB 40pks.  They only had 6 left for $7.73/bx.

If only they carried 5.56mm...
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:58:49 PM EDT
[#13]
We must all think alike.  I cleaned out the nearest Wally World yesterday and took all 9 boxes they had.  The guy asked if I was going to start a war.   I didn't say a word.   Asked him for 1000 rounds of 9mm too.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:37:50 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your welcome!

For what?

Ammo buycott.
I do think that it prompted WalMart to see that as a "hot item" so they will be ordering more of it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:16:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Unless we get into another ground war in Iraq...perhaps the draw down of our allied forces and ourselves
in Iraq this year will cause some overseas bound ammo to fall off the cart' and into civilian hands.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:08:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Ammoman used to have some really smoking good deals. But this was when he still did MD gunshows back in the early '90s...after awhile he setup his online business, and he stopped going to shows. Prices rose, as you'd expect...but he still does alright on some things.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:20:38 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your welcome!

For what?

I organized a nationwide ammo buy out at a certain time and date a few months back.  Over 140,000 rounds bought nationwide within minutes of each other.  Most wal mart stores I've been to have higher levels of ammo now.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top