Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/28/2005 4:45:43 PM EDT
okay, so I've been trying to determine which ammo is right for me.  I picked four that I thought I was trying to choose from due to the reviews of members here.  Here is what I narrowed it down to:

1)  710 responses (94.2% /  4.4% /  1.4%)  FEDERAL/LC XM193
2)  447 responses (93.5% /  4.7% /  1.8%)  WINCHESTER .223CAL
4)  495 responses (92.5% /  3.4% /  4.1%)  WINCHESTER Q3131A / IMI M193
14) 1052 responses (79.6% / 10.6% /  9.9%)  WOLF (Polymer Coating)

I went to all of these manufacturers websites and I can't seem to figure our which model is which.  For instance...I looked at the Federal site looking for the FEDERAL/LC XM193.  It doesn't even show up on the site.  is there something that I need to do to determine which is which?  Please let me know.  I'm a complete NOOB at this.  Thx.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:24:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Look here first... excellent guide! I check it every week...
ARFCOM Ammo Price List

XM193 is a bit dry now days as many vendors are sold out...
Widener's is the only one who has it as far as I know... see link above.

Winchester can be found many places... see link above.

Wolf is cheap and OK for most AR's. I don't run Wolf in my Colts...

You have a good list. buy some and go out and see what your RIFLE likes... that is more important than any opinion poll.

Rmpl
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:05:22 PM EDT
[#2]
+1 to the above.

Then go to www.ammoman.com and see what he has in stock, then buy a bunch!

The Federal 'American Eagle' 55gr FMJ is a great all purpose round.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:51:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Of course, that's also all 55 grain bullet stuff.

THEN you can get anywhere from 40 to 77 grain bullets in different shapes and sizes.

It gets fun. =)

I personally like Black Hills Blue Box stuff. I've kind of sworn off XM193 and XM855 anymore. Winchester Q3131A I've seen too many primers back out. Wolf, well, not in an AR...too low power and not nearly consistent enough.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top