Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2005 6:52:32 AM EDT
Looking to get some 30-06 Surplus. Picking the CMP 03A3 up today from cas! Thank you cas!!

Anyone have an idea who has the best deal?

Thanks
Steve 'Cityrepo61'
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:07:27 AM EDT
[#1]
sportsmans guide, www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=70806
this is what i shoot for practice ammo, it is cheap and made in S Korea for US machine guns.
it is just as accurate as my Winchester bullistic silvertip hunting ammo.
only drawback it that it is corrosive, so you just have to clean your gun when your done shooting.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:44:52 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
sportsmans guide, www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=70806
this is what i shoot for practice ammo, it is cheap and made in S Korea for US machine guns.
it is just as accurate as my Winchester bullistic silvertip gunting ammo.
only drawback it that it is corrosive, so you just have to clean your gun when your done shooting.

Isn't the Korean in the 20 round boxes PS marked ammo? If so it shouldn't be corrosive. The KA marked ammo is corrosive though.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:16:49 AM EDT
[#3]
the stuff I have from them is marked PS  75, but they list it as corrosive in the discription.  I guess I cant say for sure if it is or isnt, but I clean my guns after every range session anyway so dosnt matter much.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:27:37 AM EDT
[#4]
you can also sign up for the yearly member ship and get it on sale this week at $71 for 400 rds
insted of the $89 in the catolog
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 12:22:07 PM EDT
[#5]
PS75 ammo isn't corrosive. I just ordered a can. It is hard to beat for $71, plus I had a $10 off $50 coupon that I had to use before thr 27th.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 12:32:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
PS75 ammo isn't corrosive. I just ordered a can. It is hard to beat for $71, plus I had a $10 off $50 coupon that I had to use before thr 27th.

+1  None of the PS ammo I've shot has been corrosive.  I'm pretty sure it's all the KA that is corrosive, but I've heard that even some of the later KA is non-corrosive...
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 1:43:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1  None of the PS ammo I've shot has been corrosive.  I'm pretty sure it's all the KA that is corrosive, but I've heard that even some of the later KA is non-corrosive...

I wouldn't trust any KA marked M2 Ball to be noncorrosive.

As far as I know, the stuff in boxes will be PS marked and non corrosive, while the stuff that comes in clips (and bandoleers) is KA marked and corrosive.

Not that treating any ammunition as corrosive is a problem, particularly with a bolt-action rifle, but knowing when you should clean immediately versus after supper is a Good Thing®.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 2:12:39 PM EDT
[#8]
CMP has some excellent 30-06 LC ammo, but it's expensive.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 2:40:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

As far as I know, the stuff in boxes will be PS marked and non corrosive, while the stuff that comes in clips (and bandoleers) is KA marked and corrosive.

Not that treating any ammunition as corrosive is a problem, particularly with a bolt-action rifle, but knowing when you should clean immediately versus after supper is a Good Thing®.  

Definitely...  I always stick to the PS ammo.  However, there are some bad lots of the PS stuff too.  There was a list floating around battlerifles.com a bit ago.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 1:53:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Crap! I just got my 400 round can of 30-06 from SG. It is KA-73 marked corrosive ammo. I am not having a good day with ammo. I just got a bunch of crappy .22 rimfire from southern ammo today too.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 2:11:46 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

AIM did have some 1980s PS on clips and in Bandos that was Non Corrosive, I bought several cans of it and it all was PS stuff with good lot codes. Excellent clips also, lot of them were US companies, go figure on that. The 192 round cans on clips are all KA corrosive stuff as far as I can see. Won't use it myself as A couple of my Garands have pristene bores and I'm not anywhere near empty as far as non corrosive goes.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 2:43:18 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Crap! I just got my 400 round can of 30-06 from SG. It is KA-73 marked corrosive ammo. I am not having a good day with ammo. I just got a bunch of crappy .22 rimfire from southern ammo today too.

I see you there  I just got 4 cans of the KA73 stuff from SG and am PO'd.  It's clearly shown to be PS on the listing.  I called them and to my surpise, I'm getting shipping labels to send it back.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:22:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Last batch of Korean stuff I had was absolute crap.  KA-72. All over the paper.  Never again.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 10:30:10 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
CMP has some excellent 30-06 LC ammo, but it's expensive.

They also have Greek M2 Ball
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top