Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/22/2005 2:17:26 PM EDT
Last weekend I bought 50 rounds of GA 68gr OTM. The nose of all the bullets seems to be full of some sort of cleaning media.  Will this change the accuracy or the terminal ballistics of the ammunition should I nned to use it for defense, etc.  It is difficult and time consuming to remove all of it.

Andy
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:11:11 PM EDT
[#1]
No.  Don't waste your time.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:53:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Have any pics?  I ask because some Black Hills blue box 68 gr. OTM I bought had, what looked like, little bits of paper in the nose on most of the rounds.  Didn't take much to knock it out.  The blue box 75 gr. OTM I bought did not have anything in the nose.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:40:23 AM EDT
[#3]
It IS polishing media, not boogers. Don't waste your time picking it. Of the three major things invloved in shooting, you, your firearm and the ammo, the ammo, as is, will probably be the last thing needed to be concered about. (Unless you are shooting "junque" ammo.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:51:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I have 500 rounds of this ammo and all have it in the tips of the rounds. No big deal
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:54:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Do the bullets have cannalures? Are they crimped? I've been thinking about ordering some of the same but want cannalured bullets.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top