Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/21/2005 1:17:10 PM EDT
Been buying it up at Academy for the last few weeks.  Usually it all marked WCC 05 with the NATO cross.

But today, I noticed that several boxes were a mixture of the usually  headstamps and some other headstamp with the W C C spaced way out and NO nato cross  Plus those rounds had red primer sealant where the normal headstamped rounds didn't?  So I didn't buy any today.

Is it all M193 spec? Or is that a mixture of the value pack rounds of 223 not 5.56?

EPOCH (stumped)

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:23:07 PM EDT
[#1]
It's all 5.56.  Most of the brass has a NATO stamp because it is used for M855 as well.  WCC with no NATO stamp is still 5.56, they just weren't going to use that brass for M855.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:46:16 PM EDT
[#2]
The sports athority in Mckinney off of 75 had about 20 + boxes as 5.00 a box.  
I only mess with XM193 or WWB, if you were looking to grab some up.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 2:37:31 PM EDT
[#3]
i bought a few boxes from sports authority and they were all mixed.  some had the nato stamp and some didn't.  they all shot well though.  i don't have a chrono or anything but i'm pretty sure it's all the same.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top