Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/21/2005 7:23:58 AM EDT
I am getting the itch to work up some short to mid length "cqb" loads for my M4 Carbine (14.5-inch barrel with Phantom) but I want to make sure the loads will also properly expand at short to mid range out of my 11.5-inch upper too.

I believe the 75-gr class bullets are about where I want to look as I want the load to magazine feedable but yet I want proper bullet perfomance on live targets if such a need was to ever exist.

Can someone that has developed or borrowed some decent loads share them with me?

What bullets are recommended?
What powders seem to work best with this class bullets (accuracy, clean, velocity performance)?
What are some of your favorite loads & what COL are you using?
How accurate would these loads be out of a long range upper like a 20-in DCM upper and to what range might I expect decent performance?

I have not reloaded in a couple years and when I get my gear set up I know I have a couple decent loads for the 69-gr Sierra Match that I used to shoot full course DCM with but I understand that the heavier bullets have better soft tissue performace at say under 100-yards for the 11.5-in bbl and somewhat further out of the M4 Carbine.

Thanks for any help with a starting point to start working on some loads...
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top