Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2005 11:05:02 AM EDT
Might be getting another 308 and was wondering if this ammo was any good.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:18:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought a bunch a few months back from CAI.  Storage conditions were not the best as evidenced by some of the ammo having relatively small spots of corrosion on them.  Have shot off the worst looking ones I could find through a ptr91 and inspected the cases afterwards.  No signs of the case failing in the areas of corrosion.  So while it may not be pretty looking, it is safe to shoot.

As far as quality of manufacture goes, its pretty good.  Bullets are all seated at the same depth with a very good crimp.  Primers are also crimped.  No split necks or dents.

In my opinion, its good ammo for plinking, but not something you would want to add to long term storage.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:24:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought 250 rounds of it from the Sportsman's Guide it had good looking brass, just not very shiny, no corrosion or anything.  I shot 20 rounds of it through my Springfield M1A and didn't have any problems.  It cycled fine and shot very well for suplus stuff.  It did better than South African .308 IMO.  Id say it is excellant ammo for the money, and I plan to get 1,000 round case when my funds allow it.

Nic
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:07:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I ordered 250 rds for SG to try out.  I didn't have any cycling problems through my FALs.   I got 2" groups at 100yds.  Good plinking ammo for the price.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top