Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2005 9:37:57 AM EDT
Anybody know anything about Ultramax PMP .223 Rem 55gr btfmj ???
Is it a waste of time??..is it asking for a problem??...or is it worthwhile?
Natchez has it listed in their catalogue.

Thanx.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:08:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Any takers??
Bueler....Bueler...?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 7:10:48 AM EDT
[#2]
i've bought about 1.5k  of ultramax ammo when i bought my first Ar.   its very underpowered, about as accurate os wolf.  but isn't as dirty
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 3:47:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I have shot about 2k of the stuff. Comes pretty clean and polished and out of 2k I only found one cartridge that had damage (considerable dent on the neck of cartridge). The brass is lake city. However, out to 100 meters, I found that the grouping was much looser than compared to, lets say Winchester white box. When comparing the two, the ultramax slug was shorter than the Winchester. Might be the reason, might not be. Didn't really do much more testing than that. Have heard that it has been know to KABOOM but have never experienced this myself. In my opinion, makes decent plinking ammo.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:27:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanx for the feedback.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:18:46 AM EDT
[#5]
if you dont have anything nice to say.............
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top