Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/12/2005 12:07:52 PM EDT
I searched, but did not see a post about this.  I thought that I'd post its availability.

"FXM855PD NATO SPEC/Headstamp 5.56 62gr Greentip ammunition, Bulk Packed Loose, Mostly annealing defects. Best deal for the money. Buy it shoot it and love it. This is last run of this ammunition available."

As of this posting, Widener's site lists 151 in stock.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 4:37:40 PM EDT
[#1]
never heard of it referred to as fxm855...  And what exactly is an annealing defect?
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 7:10:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
never heard of it referred to as fxm855...  And what exactly is an annealing defect?

Maybe problems with split cases?
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 3:26:54 AM EDT
[#3]
fxm = xm the f widners adds in there system.  its that PD crap.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 5:31:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Annealing is the heat treating of the shoulder of the cartridge.  Evidently, some were not treated as much as they should.  This should pose no problem on the function of the cartridges, and in my opinion, you should not be worried about a possible separation of the ctg unless you reload it several times.  But by then, you could anneal the shoulder area yourself.  All that does is harden the case somewhat to withstand the pressures a bit more.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 5:32:58 AM EDT
[#5]
I have shot thousands of these rounds, without any problems!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:01:27 AM EDT
[#6]
i've shot about 2-3k of xm855pd.  A couple (5-10) rounds felt a little underpowered, but haven't had a problem otherwise...
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top