Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/8/2005 7:07:04 AM EDT
... in Europe??

I have seen or read advertisings for Barnaul, or Chinese, steel cased ammo.

No "Wolf" anywhere!

But I´m sure, it is distributed, so whats the name there? And how harmful is it for extractors and chambers?

Thanks, H
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 8:17:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Germany - Der Vulf

France - Le Woof

Italy - Le Dolche Volfa

England - I wish I had a gun that shoots this stuff.

Poland - F*ing Russian crap.

Czech republic - Kopp
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 8:18:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I do not know if Wolf is marketed in Europe, but Barnaul would be very similar.  Barnaul is another Russian arsenal that makes steel cased ammo that IMHO is a little better in quality than Wolf.  Also look for Silver Bear or Brown Bear ammo.

Sarge
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 11:46:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 4:02:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Wolf is rarely sold in Europe.  If it is, it is sold under different names.  Tula can not produce ammo to meet the specs of the Russian army at this time, stick with Barnaul and the Bear brands.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:39:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Stay Away from lacquer coated ammo like Wolf produces.
I own an Olympic Arms Plinker, and I just found out on their website that using wolf voids the warranty.
Check out the Ammo Warning on their website.
http://olyarms.com/?page=ammowarning
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:14:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I own an Olympic Arms Plinker, and I just found out on their website that using wolf voids the warranty.

I had no idea the lacquer coated stuff was still around the new stuff is polymer coated and wont void your warranty but might not fuction in your rifle.  My bushy wont spit the casings out.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:07:16 PM EDT
[#7]
ok, first off you dont take advice from guys with single digit post counts, and you sure dont take advice from the oly boards. they have a vested interest. come here and ask.

Wolf as a company was concieved to package and market european ammunition to the american market. yes most of the centerfire rifle is made in russia but the .22 is made in germany and the shotshells are made in germany and i have heard that a lot of their brass cased stuff is made in hungary.

if wolf wont function in your rifle then you have a problem with your rifle. you can buy a lot of extractors with the money you save IF that were even an issue.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:28:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Big +1 for 8mm
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:10:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Warning against any and all lacquered ammunition is not particularly useful.  Quite a lot of European ammunition includes lacquer, either over the entire case or just at the neck/bullet join as a sealer.  Lacquer in and of itself is not a horrible thing.  Poior quality lacquer that melts at relatively low temperatures (such as what Wolf seems to have used) is a bad thing.  But the Barnaul-made ammunition I've used is "lacquered" and does not leave any residue.

Warning against all lacquered ammunition is like warning against all steel cased ammunition; too general to be really useful.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:02:43 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Welcome to the 20th century...
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top