Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2005 12:09:46 PM EDT
Got 1000 rounds and after looking at it I have some questions.

Is the primer sealed?  I dont see any sealant.
Is the primer crimped?  If its crimped I dont see it but it could be such a beautiful crimp I didnt notice it. My eyes suck.
Its labeled 75 grain BTHP / CL T2

BTHP = Boat Tail Hollow Point
CL = Cannelured
What does T2 mean?

Bras says Frontier 5.56 NATO.  Does any other load use that brass or only the 75 grain 5.56?
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 12:24:59 PM EDT
[#1]

Is the primer sealed? I dont see any sealant.
Is the primer crimped? If its crimped I dont see it but it could be such a beautiful crimp I didnt notice it. My eyes suck.
Its labeled 75 grain BTHP / CL T2

BTHP = Boat Tail Hollow Point
CL = Cannelured
What does T2 mean?

Why don't you just call Hornady and ask them?  Then report back.

Bras says Frontier 5.56 NATO. Does any other load use that brass or only the 75 grain 5.56?

Who, other than Hornady is going to have a definite answer to that question?

Hornady     1-800-338-3220
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 2:48:14 PM EDT
[#2]
TAP rounds are not sealed at the primer or the bullet
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 6:46:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I reciently ordered some of the 75 gr TAP NATO loading form Hornaday.  When I placed the order, I asked about if the primers were sealed.

The sales rep placed me on hold while she checked with the tech's.  The answer she got was no, but they are definately considering it.  They only  reciently (last couple of years) added cannalures to the bullets.

The rounds I received are NOT crimped at the primers.

To be honest, I would not have thought to ask about waterproof, but when I called, I was watching people wade chest deep through water in NOLA.  As I talked with the LE Sales rep and asked her about the waterprofing, I mentioned than aside from the "Tactical BS Stories", sometimes people just trip and fall.  "SHIT HAPPENS"  I live near the OHIO river.  It would be nice to know I didn't have to worry about the ammunition.  Her response was to laugh and state I was the first person to mention the possibility of falling in the water and wanting to know if the ammunition was waterproof.

Good company to deal with .  Great quality product.

Am getting off soap box now.  Beer and computor= long winded replys...

Beat Trash

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top