Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2005 1:39:10 AM EDT
i was charging a round into my Colt match target HBAR from the factory 9 round magazine. The frangible round jammed and the tip of it broke off. Is this because of the magazine, or is the frangible ammo known for this? maybe I just need to field strip and oil the parts of the gun
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:42:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Lemme guess, PMC Frangible?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 2:26:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Throw that piece of junk factory magazine away and get yourself some decent 20 & 30 round USGI mags, supect your feeding problem will vanish.

Mike

ps - the two that came w/ my new Colt wouldn't feed squat, much less frangibles, as dad bought the same rifle he got two of the same, we pitched that garbage the day we got 'em

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:13:03 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Lemme guess, PMC Frangible?

Yep, it was made by TTI Armory on PMC brass.

Quoted:
Throw that piece of junk factory magazine away and get yourself some decent 20 & 30 round USGI mags, supect your feeding problem will vanish.

I thought it was the magazine, i need to get some better mags. The 30 rounders I have are not USGI, they have a black follower and I also have 2 orlites. Mags make a big difference, my .223 AK kept jaming the bullet into the case and ejecting a live round with the spent one with the two waffle mags i had. Then I got the regular steel magazine  for it and it worked perfect.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top