Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/5/2005 9:21:57 AM EDT
I have a 24 inch shaw fluted bull barrel, what is the best grain bullet to use for 100 to 200 yards

Thanks copdills
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:32:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I have fired sub MOA with my 1 in 8 RRA from 45 g up to 77 grain. I have not tried anything above 77 g.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 3:47:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the information 357 sig

COPDILLS
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 4:53:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Every rifle/barrel combination is different. Two rifles one serial number apart may shoot completely different using the exact same ammunition, due to minor, minscule differences in the barrels supplied to the rifle company.

The best bullet weight for YOUR rifle should be determined by YOU, by testing varying bullet weights and powder/primer/brass combinations.

That said suspect the Sierra 77grn. MatchKings will get ya the best groups well out past 200 yards.
(you can buy these as Fed GM or Black Hills factory rounds)

Don't pass on testing the Hornady 75grn. MHPBT round or the Nosler 77grn. OTM though, as they too, might shoot well in your rifle.

Mike
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top