Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/4/2005 11:09:06 AM EDT
newbie here, have lurked for a while, joined and lurked some more and now finally posting. i don't currently own an AR but plan on rectifying that by years end (x-mas gift to myselfhavei have a friend who's an ex-marine now in the private sector in the security/intel field who told me about these guys:RBCD Performance Plus, Inc. i was wondering if anyone else has dealt with(or even heard of ) them and if so what do they think of their products or even if it would do well through an AR. i know my friend uses them for his handguns (9mm and .45 acp) but i forgot to ask about other firearms. here is their web site.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 11:24:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Utter crap.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 11:24:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I would say you are a troll but will give you the benfit of the doubt.

That company is full of shit.  Their products are pure hype and smoke and mirrors.  They refuse to let the authorites in the wound ballistcs field test their ammo.  Probably some of the most crooked people in the firearms industry.

Do you believe this?

A metal that has hot brning gas behind it knows thats just the gas.
The friction/heat of the barrel?  It knows thats just the barrel.
I hits the air and flys to the target.
In a milisecond with contact it "knows" if it hit a warm blooded creature and violently destroys all tissue like a suicide bomber exploding causing shockwaves that can kill a man in one shot even if you hit him in the ass.
However if it hits something cool all the barrel and gunpowder heat has had no effect but it just penetrates without causing "super wounds"

This is the reason they give as to the ammos poor performance in ballistic gelatin... the bullet "knows" it was not a living creature becasue its not warm enough.  Nevermind the bullet is warmer than the stuff its hitting.

If you believe them I have a bridge I want to sell you and I suggest you buy their ammo.

They have "blended metal" in their bullets.  Their pistol ammo was determined to have two metals... this had to be sampled and tested on a GCMS becuase thats a secret too BTW.  THe tow metals?  Copper and Lead.

I suggest staying FAR, FAR away.  Only the ignorant who have no understanding of wound mechanics believe in the stuff.  It is IMPERATIVE your IQ is under 100 to believe in the ammo.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 12:36:45 PM EDT
[#3]
no, i'm not a troll, i just made a dumb first post (read: newbie).

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:18:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's some information about those extra special "blended metal" bullets, who could guess that blended metal meant a copper jacket with a lead core, wow...that's really hi tech!

www.tacticalforums.com/cgi-bin/tacticalubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=78;t=000630#000000

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:58:12 PM EDT
[#5]
i'm not defending this company but i have to defend myself:

"That company is full of shit. Their products are pure hype and smoke and mirrors. They refuse to let the authorites in the wound ballistcs field test their ammo. Probably some of the most crooked people in the firearms industry."

it seems you've done more research on the subject than me, all i did is look at their web site, have you (i mean recently not a year or more ago)

"A metal that has hot brning gas behind it knows thats just the gas.
The friction/heat of the barrel? It knows thats just the barrel.
I hits the air and flys to the target.
In a milisecond with contact it "knows" if it hit a warm blooded creature and violently destroys all tissue like a suicide bomber exploding causing shockwaves that can kill a man in one shot even if you hit him in the ass.
However if it hits something cool all the barrel and gunpowder heat has had no effect but it just penetrates without causing "super wounds"

my eyes must be going, i could not find that part on their site. maybe they're getting better at covering their arse.

"This is the reason they give as to the ammos poor performance in ballistic gelatin... "

remember, i'm new here and if it's been discussed to death before i missed it, i searched the site here for info but the engine only goes back 30 days (about as long as i've been lurking).

"They have "blended metal" in their bullets. Their pistol ammo was determined to have two metals... this had to be sampled and tested on a GCMS becuase thats a secret too BTW. THe tow metals? Copper and Lead."

now i know i'm blind, i couldn't see that either anywhere.

"Only the ignorant who have no understanding of wound mechanics believe in the stuff."

what part of newbie did you not understand, i came here to learn from people who i thought knew alot (maybe i was wrong about this place) all i've seen recently is pissing contest or ridiculing those who know less than you.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 5:26:47 AM EDT
[#6]
OffKilter:

You've touched on a sore subject with people here.  There is a lot of rhetoric about this ammo and there is a lot of emotional views out there.  Some of the people that have allegedly tested the ammo did it with the intent to disprove it not to objectively test it.  The other problem is that the company is admittedly very secretive about their product and have simply told people that the ammo is a special secret.  Secrets tend to make people upset.  

The point is, the ammo has not been tested by a truely independent third party. There is too much rhetoric and emotional nonsense to objectively test this ammo at this time in my opinion.  Maybe one day someone will go and test this ammo completely.  I have seen some pretty impressive demonstrations with this ammo but since they were not performed by an independent person then I do feel they are somewhat suspect.

So should you use it?  I'd say no because it is not truely tested there are too many unknowns about it, the cost is insane, and there are so many good loads out there that are tested and proved.  Maybe one day we will all be using this type of ammo but at the moment it doesn't look promising.

Don't worry about being a newbie and asking questions......just stay away from this one!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 5:47:16 AM EDT
[#7]
What has happened to the test that was supposed to be on the way? I guess its a year which passed now.

I would laugh my ass off if the tests performed so well that those who were doing it are reluctant to post it nad hiding in shame
(though, I dont believe in snake oil either).

Matt
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:10:03 AM EDT
[#8]
I was in no way ragging on you bro just the ammo and its promoters.  I was kinda uncertain if you were a troll or not because this would be the #1 bad thing to post on theis forum.  It was a first post so I just made it very clear to you being a newbie and all that it is pure BS.  Sorry if it came across as putting you down or whatever.  I dont have very good internet manners.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:13:11 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
What has happened to the test that was supposed to be on the way? I guess its a year which passed now.

I would laugh my ass off if the tests performed so well that those who were doing it are reluctant to post it nad hiding in shame
(though, I dont believe in snake oil either).

Matt

You dont get it... Dr Roberts just wants the BEST ammo out there for police and military use.  He does not care if the ammo does well or not but wants to expose bad ammo if it exists and is promoted as the best thing ever made.  He has no stake in this other than the truth and no reason to "hide in shame" either.  It has always been the ammo manufacturer making excuses and not being forthright, not Dr. Roberts.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:01:15 AM EDT
[#10]
"Don't worry about being a newbie and asking questions......just stay away from this one!!!!!!"

point taken.

"I was in no way ragging on you bro just the ammo and its promoters."

you were just so passionate about the subject i felt it went beyond it and overflowed over to me but now i know better.

"I dont have very good internet manners."

who does?
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:15:41 AM EDT
[#11]
...MUST .... GET ... OFF .... ASS ... AND .... FINISH..... FAQ....

Grrr. I've been too busy at work to pursue this lately.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 12:18:59 PM EDT
[#12]
tagged, just for fun...

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 12:37:39 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

You dont get it... Dr Roberts just wants the BEST ammo out there for police and military use.  He does not care if the ammo does well or not but wants to expose bad ammo if it exists and is promoted as the best thing ever made.  He has no stake in this other than the truth and no reason to "hide in shame" either.  It has always been the ammo manufacturer making excuses and not being forthright, not Dr. Roberts.

I don't believe that he can test this ammo objectively.  He's become too emotional about it and can't think outside the box.  Unfortunately, the makers and promoters of this ammo bear much of the responsibility for why he feels this way because they aren't very open (secretive).  

Oh well.  So much for objective tests.  I tried to get a few rounds of my own (of a different type of ammo from the same company) for tests of my own but so far have been unable.  Maybe one day.  

For now....stay away from this ammo...if for no other reason than I doubt you will be able to afford to test its function in your rifle and then have a few hundred rounds (at least) for SHTF.  

OffKilter:  I don't mean to sound like you are an idiot for mentioning this ammo....the reason that I said to stay away from it is because there have been numerous discussions about this ammo and there are usually very few real facts...just a lot of hysterial and BS(from all concerned).  It tends to bring out the worst in people.  Feel free to ask more questions though about other ammo subjects and don't forget to read the ammo-oracle!!!!
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top